What to bring..?

WelshJaffaCake

Lantern Swinger
Did you read my posts about fatalities and Operational Honours? Training is fcuk all. When the shooting starts, the RFA is a legitimate target, including Argus in PCRF role.

Doesn't mean that the RFA deserve a rail card.
I didn't say there won't any dangers and wasn't meant to disrespect any members who have died from said dangers but if people want the benefits of HMAF join the HMAF.

Now it does bring in the question with RFA taking roles usually done by the RN thanks to cuts to number of ships and the government grouping the RFA with RN ships to bulk up the numbers.

How the hell do I explain the RFA to people?

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm a civilian seaman and the RFA provides support to the RN.

From the RN website : "The civilian-manned Royal Fleet Auxiliary delivers worldwide logistical and operational support for the wide range of tasks the Royal Navy undertakes including warfighting, counter-piracy, humanitarian and disaster relief, and counter-narcotics operations."

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Depends on how you see yourself alongside the RN as to which attitude you take with you.

The merchant navy association don't seem to recognise the RFA when it comes to awards etc.? Reading their magazine the other day it appears to be full of "Not including RFA", "Not RFA"

Bluebird79

Lantern Swinger
I don't need to label myself, I explain what the RFA is and does. To explain it really simple to people I talk about the ensigns... White = RN, Blue + anchor = RFA, Red = MN.

I'm in the RFA, not the RN or the MN .

Sophia Johannah

Midshipman
I know there's a few people joining in September, so if any of you want to drop me a message about things like personal kit etc., please do! I'd be more than happy to help :)

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
Can anyone tell me what leave you get after completing basic at Raleigh (seaman apprentice) and the weeks survival at Excellent? Trying to plan a holiday with the wife and need to know if there is any breaks between the training and the first sea draft.

Sophia Johannah

Midshipman
Sometimes it's a couple of weeks but sometimes you're pretty much straight on the ship. It depends where you're needed really. If it helps, we get 2 weeks off at Christmas, starting from the 22nd, and we get the entirety of August off, that's only if you're still at Raleigh of course. That's pretty much all I know, I don't know much about the deckies course.. Sorry!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New law changes to bring better connectivity to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exports bring home the bacon for UK family farm MoD News 0
C What can I and can't i bring Joining the Royal Navy 18
MoD_RSS £15 million boost to bring better rail journeys to the North East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK designing new rover to bring first samples back from Mars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Primary schools to be given flexibility to bring back more pupils MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GREAT partners competition to bring ‘Magic of Live Events’ online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK deals will bring millions more PPE items to frontline healthcare staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to bring home more British travellers from Central and South America MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New flight from Jamaica to bring home British travellers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three further flights to bring hundreds of British travellers home from Bangladesh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces more flights to bring stranded Brits home from India MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces 5 more flights from Bangladesh to bring home over a thousand Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First charter flight departed from Bangladesh to bring British travellers home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK set to bring home hundreds more British travellers from across the Philippines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces first charter flights from India to bring British nationals home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Office steps up plans to bring home Britons stranded overseas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The NDA will bring its transport and logistics expertise together MoD News 0
soleil Press & Journal: "North-East MP Calls For Navy To Bring Back Uni Reserves To Aberdeen" SCC and URNU 4
MoD_RSS Government pledges £500 million to bring back historic rail lines, improving connectivity for communities across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inclusive government action needed to bring stability to Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Science superstars and small businesses could bring the next big innovations to market with £100 million boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister pledges to bring shipbuilding back to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister announces plans to bring forward new bold and ambitious legislative agenda MoD News 0
U First deployment coming up soon, what should I bring? RFA 12
E What to bring to the interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MorganCUFC Recruitment Test, what to bring? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS News story: Public urged not to bring plant pests and disease into the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Help bring Stiperstones National Nature Reserve back to purple MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Afghan interpreters to be able to bring their family to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: We must bring an end to the diagnostic odyssey of rare diseases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Nearly £10 million cash boost to bring hundreds of homes to Festival Gardens MoD News 0
U Question about paperwork to bring to Raleigh RFA 6
MoD_RSS Press release: Defence sector supply chain to bring new opportunities for Welsh businesses MoD News 0
P 'Top Gun' Royal Navy pilot who took on Taliban while fyling upside down still waiting to bring Ameri The Fleet Air Arm 24
MoD_RSS News story: Innovation Initiative to bring future-tech and ideas to the Armed Forces MoD News 0
B FS (functional skills tests for techs) - will the RN bring these in? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
H Forms to bring for recruting test (102 and 493)? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS News story: Northern Powerhouse companies bring innovation to Defence industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New contracts bring £1bn savings over 10 years to Defence MoD News 0
RSPE With the kind permission of site admin (Bad Co) - It's a pleasure to bring you this event..... The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
RSPE With the kind permission of site admin (Bad Co) - It's a pleasure to bring you this event..... The Gash Barge 0
RSPE With the kind permission of site admin (Bad Co) - It's a pleasure to bring you this event..... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
RSPE With the kind permission of site admin (Bad Co) - It's a pleasure to bring you this event..... Competitions 0
SONAR-BENDER What did Santa bring you? Diamond Lil's 48
soleil Falkirk Herald: "Sub Tour Helps Bring Memories To Surface For Grangemouth Man" Submariners 0
B Am I alone in my thoughts.......bring back the SSK....cut the costs!! Submariners 50
G 'Gunfire echoed through hull of our sub for 7 weeks as we helped bring down Gaddafi' Current Affairs 9
scouse Might bring back some memories for the Sundodgers Submariners 2
soleil BBC: "Fishermen Attacked By French Say 'Bring In The Navy'" Current Affairs 7