What the Police are up to now.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Welbexian_RN, Sep 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The following link is a bbc article, all I want to say is what is the point. Surely the police have better stuff to do.

Although being arrested for "placing a garden gnome with intent to cause harassment" would be quite funny.
  2. That had me laughing so hard..that is absolutely hysterical..arrested for a gnome statue lol :lol:
  3. hahahahaha......just where would you have to place it......oh jezzzze. That is soooo sad, an ex-copper complaining about that. get a grip mate
  4. It would be funny, if it wasn't happening for real!

My GOD! We have some REAL muppets running this country.
  5. Life in a blue suit? Perhaps not for some, eh?

This guy appears to have no concept of what REAL harassment is. :x

To be bothered by a gnome. Perhaps he has been the subject, as the police assert, of other jokes, well in that case he should do what other people have to do, and take the matter before the civil courts to test the validity of his claims. To waste police time like this is unacceptable. To be strictly fair to him however, the Act in question novelly defines harassment not objectively according to predefined criteria, but subjectivly, according to the victim's perceptions of two or more events.
  6. For Feck's Sake it's a Fecking Plastic Fecking Gnome!

Some people really need to look around and get themselves a REAL life!
  7. Its just yet another example of what this country has become thanks to the PC Brigade!Nice to see Police effort going into something really useful.I wonder if the neighbour hadnt been an ex copper,if this would never have gone so far.
  8. Andym, I think your right, bloody Freemasons looking after each other again!

Oh No! That's me NICKED!
  9. Ita about time people stopped taking the piss out of our POLICEMEN and WOMEN clearly this happening at this location , YES ARREST THIS person and destroy the f,,,,,g NOME ???
  10. How about this for radical idea? Arrest the police officer who ordered the arrest and destroy him?
    I can just imagine what my old Desk Sgt would have said to me if I had arrested somebody for a Fcuking gnome!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Jessh what are we becoming?
  11. Percy99...please, please tell me your last post was a WAH?!
    FFS! All over the UK, innocent victims are being stabbed, shot, raped or beaten to a pulp. Every major city has at least one area where the police, never mind the civvies, fear to tread. We are at a high risk of attack from suicide bombers...and the plods want to arrest someone for a GARDEN FCUKING GNOME!!! ARRRGGGHHHHH!...
    ...The Punisher is put in a straitjacket and carried to a waiting ambulance while frothing at the mouth...
  12. Its fcukin unbelievable really ------obviously the cops in that area are under employed.

If it was anywhere else they would have dismissed it as a neighbour dispute and not actioned anything . Neighbourly disputes are classed as civil law unless there is damage to property/obstruction etc etc -harassment isn't caused by garden gnomes--

Could have been a bit of the old boys act--the boys in blue visit but still wasting police time.
  13. Sorry guys but I think this is a total riot..lol

what has the world come to when the police want to bother someone over a damn gnome?
  14. RESULT!

15. Ah, but you have to understand Pam, that this gnome had the effrontery to impersonate a police officer next door to a real police officer's house! Over here that's a very serious offence! Impersonating a police officer is a criminal offence over here, but for a gnome to do it in such a provocative manner is arguably a breach of our Public Order Act and quite possibly a form of petty treason! :wink:
  16. Funny how the ex-copper next door can get so much attention and in a timely manner.....
  17. I know, it's impressive isn't it. Shows what a good service you can get from the public services if you just know the right people! :lol:
  18. Then the gnome needs to be put in jail for impersonating a police officer! ROTFLMAO!!
  19. Then what about the police officers impersonating gnomes, there's more of THEM!
  20. Right on Happy, we have loads of them around here, four foot and a fcuking dog end, if that. But very big in the attitude department :x