What the fcuk is this knob talking about and he's not a Crab

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by stan_the_man, Oct 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And Bos? Sierra leone?

2. Monty just PMd ya

3. He's a pongo, give him a break. The Navy's just those grey things that move pongo's around so he never see's them (just like Joe Public), plus the fact he probably considers we "won" and time will tell on that one.

Plus side is it might make pollies think again on defence cuts (not likely).

Down side is the pollies might think the forces managed OK despite the defence cuts so no need to back track and time to think of more cuts (most definitely likely).

4. Seen mate.

5. Then we have your lovely Dave, just after 1530 in the house and talking about Libya he mentioned what a wonderful job the RAF and Army had done, at least Ed in his response used the term 'our Armed Forces'.

6. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Can someone in the RN tell me why it is forgotten all the time? Is it because, unlike the RAF, they are not as "visible" around the country (where I am I get Typhoons/Chinooks/Hercules/AWACS causing a racket overhead all day everyday, and you can't move for RAF personnel)? The Army are also more "visible" or so it seems.

Because the RN is on or under the blue wibbly thing which encircles our green and pleasant land, are they forgotten?

7. It's because our PR is shite. Many moons ago I had a public spat on here about this with the then PR grande fromage and he agreed. It is yet t be corrected.

8. Magda

Now this I'd like to see :-D Linky?

Edited to add: Or thread title so I can use the search function? Quelle horreur!

9. I don't have my old posts as I was banned about 17 times.

10. Monty, you disappoint me. A man of your scathing wit and talent should have managed to get banned at least 30 times. I do remember your brush with the naval PR chap though. ( perhaps that was when you got banned for the 16th time).

11. He asked me to pop round for a chat. I declined on the basis of not wanting to commit career suicide. :-o

12. Magda

You rebel, you. Seems there was a mass banning a few years back, I take it you were one of those culled?

13. Ah, banning, the fall back of the coward and the weak.

14. Normally it's for publicly outing civvie throbbers.

15. Magda

Which is my cue to make myself scarce...

16. I wouldn't out you. I neither hate you nor dread the possibility of serving with you. I might stalk you though.

17. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Try Libya: On board naval destroyer HMS Liverpool, currently under enemy fire off the coast | Mail Online

Libya: Royal Navy warship HMS Liverpool comes under heavy fire - Telegraph

Gaddafi thugs fire on British ship off Libya | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys

Video: Royal Navy blockades Libyan coast - Telegraph

etc etc. For a short campaign I reckon we got far greater coverage than that given to the Adriatic and other places. The Crazy Red Chicken certainly got more than she did in 2003.

18. That's only because he can't remember which ones they are and he knows he stands less chance of getting it wrong (or in the wrong order) if he just praises the "team"

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011