Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the f_ _k you talking about?

If there is a possibility of getting some sort of pension, however meagre, I might as well have it even if it's tuppence a month.
Does anyone know who you contact? Centurion still?
Grateful for any advice.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
WreckerL said:
stan_the_man said:
Left 3 years ago after 35 years as a WO1 and commuted on top to pay for me and Mrs STM to go to Thailand for a couple of months. In 2 years time at 55 I will have paid up the commuted amount and the pension becomes index linked to catch up with inflation and then increases every year with inflation until the grim reaper takes me. Payback for the shit and long deployments.

2 years until the magic 55 and index linked :D

Wrecker - don't go holding your breath! It will only go up by about 80% due to the gash Cost of Living index over the last few years. Ask me how I know........ :evil:

Still, I am very grateful for it and as STM said, makes up fo all the crap taken!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
SONAR-BENDER said:
WreckerL said:
stan_the_man said:
Left 3 years ago after 35 years as a WO1 and commuted on top to pay for me and Mrs STM to go to Thailand for a couple of months. In 2 years time at 55 I will have paid up the commuted amount and the pension becomes index linked to catch up with inflation and then increases every year with inflation until the grim reaper takes me. Payback for the shit and long deployments.

2 years until the magic 55 and index linked :D

Wrecker - don't go holding your breath! It will only go up by about 80% due to the gash Cost of Living index over the last few years. Ask me how I know........ :evil:

Still, I am very grateful for it and as STM said, makes up fo all the crap taken!

As long as it goes up, better in my pocket than the gubbermints (or anyone elses come to that)

RR I remember being on CHERRY B as a gun Leander there was a total of 26 guys needed to fire the Mk6 I joined Bristol in 77 and it was reduced to 12 in the Mk8 three times more accurate but alas nowhere near as robust and in those days a burst of 10 rounds without a stoppage was rare, and it was always stated that providing Seadart actually left the launcher when you flicked the switch it had a better than 80% chance of hitting the target unless it was a seaskimming missile then the accuracy was considerably less and you needed to fire a salvo of two to increase chances of hitting the fecker a bit better now with new fuzing etc, the T45 as yet to prove itself watch this space!! They still have the 4.5 Mk8 its only 30 years plus in service !!!