What the chances?

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Britlad, Aug 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey

I rang the RFA, yesterday and asked them to send me the application forms to become a Deckhand, but in the mean time, I was just wondering what you guys think my chances will be of actually getting in;
    I got 3 A's 4 B's and 3 C's at GCSE, I'm 17, I work at a theme park while studying for my A levels and I am born and raised in Stoke on Trent, right in the middle of England, so I've got no maritime experience.
    so I realize I'm not the perfect candidate considering I'll be competing against guys with 10 years plus naval experience for the job, I'm just asking to get an accurate picture of my chances.

would be good to find out what you guys think.
  2. You'll never know unless you give it a shot. Don't do yourself down there are a lot of interchangeable skills between the RFA and a Themepark
  3. Like seamanship on the Pirates boat, or navigation on the "Swan lake".
    Failing all else, practise your bends and hitches and when perfected and all else fails, get your oppo to beat you (not hate you) with a ropes end. (Everyone thought I was going to say Hang yourself. Herrrrrrrm no better not.:rage::wink:
  4. When out in a force 9+ just like an endless roller coaster you can not get off:crying: