Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the chances?

Britlad

Hey

I rang the RFA, yesterday and asked them to send me the application forms to become a Deckhand, but in the mean time, I was just wondering what you guys think my chances will be of actually getting in;
I got 3 A's 4 B's and 3 C's at GCSE, I'm 17, I work at a theme park while studying for my A levels and I am born and raised in Stoke on Trent, right in the middle of England, so I've got no maritime experience.
so I realize I'm not the perfect candidate considering I'll be competing against guys with 10 years plus naval experience for the job, I'm just asking to get an accurate picture of my chances.

would be good to find out what you guys think.
thanks

trelawney126

War Hero
You'll never know unless you give it a shot. Don't do yourself down there are a lot of interchangeable skills between the RFA and a Themepark

Rumrat

War Hero
You'll never know unless you give it a shot. Don't do yourself down there are a lot of interchangeable skills between the RFA and a Themepark

Like seamanship on the Pirates boat, or navigation on the "Swan lake".
Failing all else, practise your bends and hitches and when perfected and all else fails, get your oppo to beat you (not hate you) with a ropes end. (Everyone thought I was going to say Hang yourself. Herrrrrrrm no better not.:rage::wink:

Sumo

War Hero

When out in a force 9+ just like an endless roller coaster you can not get off:crying:
:pukeleft::pukeleft::puker::puker:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R TMU for past bout of depression, what are my chances? Joining the Royal Navy 11
MoD_RSS UK Government further boosts chances of UK receiving COVID-19 vaccine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government further boosts chances of UK receiving COVID-19 vaccine MoD News 0
C Chances of passing my medical?: previous mental health Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
L Medically discharged at Raleigh - chances of rejoining? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Accelerated Apprentice Selection Chances Joining the Royal Navy 2
E AA ET/ME Recruitment chances Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Have I messed up my chances of joining? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
TechFin The Chances of becoming an officer with only A-levels? The Fleet Air Arm 19
S Medical board chances of being discharged after just having an op Blogs 1
John the Baptist Are the chances of getting taken on as a biomedical science trainee good or sheit? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Onestep Chances of comando aricrew The Fleet Air Arm 36
P 53yo female-= what's the realistic chances of being able to join RFA 7
J Chances of becoming lightning II pilot? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
southernbhoy96 Asthma chances need advice Health & Fitness 10
A Chances Of Selection Into BRNC for Pilot Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 51
C Medical chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
B F-35 Pilot chances? The Fleet Air Arm 18
ISeeThreeShips Better Chances Of Getting Back In If You've Previously Served? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
I Chances of Getting Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
J Selection Interview Success !!! Realistic chances of a commission ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
N Realistically - what are my chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
O Fleet Air Arm chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Ninja_Stoker How improve your chances of joining the Royal Navy - quicker than the rest. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Chances of changing from Warfare GS to Aircrew? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
P So many Newbies..Whats our chances??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
trelawney126 New Blow to Bliars chances of becomming EU President Current Affairs 15
T Wreath Claim - Has Boris scuppered chances of becoming PM The Gash Barge 3
GuyC What are my chances!? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
B could acute sciatica hinder my chances Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
B What are my chances? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
L leaving it late-what are my chances Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24