What pressies did you receive for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by HarryBosch, Dec 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Naff jewellery, doses, etc in here.
    I got the square root of fcuk all, but thanks to Nutty_Bag I did get a Christmas card this year. :)
    Did anybody actually receive the proverbial jumper from their nan?
    (Stand by for the 'I wanted a sweater, but I got a screamer' jokes :) )

Best wishes to all.

Harry x

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I got a razor and a box of turkish delight :rendeer:

I also got kicked out of the club with Pongoshaggy last night......one day I'll grow up....Happy Crimbo Harold from me, Mrs Blobbs and the Blobbettes.

3. I got dragged to a midnight mass, much against my better judgement.
    The sickly cake and the sweet wine afterwards were the only things that put even a glimmer of shine on it. Twenty euros lighter as well, given to the fat priest :toilet:
    As for pressies then hereabouts we have to wait until the 5th of January; by which time the credit card bill will have come in, so no surprises there!
    The town we do business in has once again won 'El Gordo' the big fat lottery so the bottle recycling lorry will have a bit of extra work; at this rate even the stray cats will get fatter. I must be the only mug who didn't buy a share ticket.
    Can all those who genuinely hate this time of year kindly stand up and be counted.
    To all those who do like this time of year then: Get the sprouts on early, you wouldn't want them under done!
    Roll on January 6th and a tad of normality.
    And a Happy New Year to all - Bon any nou! :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

4. Best wishes to all! Even the lurkers!

Just having my porridge, turkey is cooked dog shouting for more roast beef. Probably have the shites later!

Christmas Eve with the sis in law who has bad liver cancer this time last year we would be planning a walk on Boxing Day now she struggles to get through the day. Yet the scum walk the planet.

Really ahead of ourselves this year. No card from one cousin due to the fact I told her Christmas was the season of gluttony. [Will lose sleep over that I thing not!!!] Fact being no giant mushrooms for brekkie the gluttons have bought the lot. Tawts!

Stack of cash from my true love for that Macro lens I cannot afford!

Wondering how my card sold in the USA could do with a new camera.

[​IMG]

5. lots of lovely...helpfull things for my time at raleigh..iron..boot polish etc etc!

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Got a super-duper mini weather-station with a remote outdoor sensor (Batteries not included, but one of Harry's PhD's required to set the time & the vision of a sniper to read the miniscule pseudo-english instructions.)

It's now by the front room window so when it says it's raining or hot I can verify it's accuracy by looking outside & checking my watch. Marvelous, what would we do without technology? (And Lidl). :rendeer:

7. What, no Housewife??!! They're no longer issued by the RN you know... something to do with political correctness.... ;) :biggrin:

8. Me me me me me me me.

I fcuking hate Christmas.

Bah! Humbug!

9. A telephone call from the youngest son and sight of him on News24 today from FOB Gibraltar where he is with D Co 40 Commando RM

10. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

A nice shirt and a cracking radio controlled helo (okay its my 5yr olds but he's too young).

I am now a WAFU!!!!!!

Happy Christmas all!!

11. Hmm the 16year old girls presents :D
    I got a tripod, amazing photography book, perfume, perfume oh wait more perfume. DKNY escade nd some gay horrible thing. And then the usual christmas gifts.

Christmas just isnt the same anymore
    Its started to get boringggggg

12. You know it really does grip me now, really and truly. I am totally and utterly cheesed off with the whole production.
    The rest of the year I am sweetness and light, to a degree. But, from mid December to mid January I'm like a bulldog with sore bollocks that has sat on a hot pavement.
    Get the picture?
    Best of luck and chin up!

13. I got moneyyy, aftershave and a book about the para's from my mum and dad. I got a jumper from my brother, and am getting more stuff when I see family on the 27th :)

14. After shave, sweater ,Black tie with a Darlek motif.A set or matching Under pants that the look like used cordite bags.The Italian book of war hero's
    And a very worrying phone call from Cardiff Air port Security cameras Ltd wishing me a happy Christmas.
    And what's looking like a potential dose of crabs from my nomination for a snog under the mistletoe

15. Well mate I did hear that Anne did multitasking, so what else have you caught off her, or is it early days ?
    :thumright: :thumright:

16. Bloody hell what esle have I caught Deep post coital depression is setting in.
    Did you notice that the Bastards from Cardiff Air port Security did not wish me a happy new year.
    :tp:

17. Remote controlled helicopter,after shafters,Stig T shirt,booze chocs and a hangover.
    Still waiting for a snog off the wife though!

18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This year I got:

1. Drunk
    2. Sunburned

:relax:

19. Couple of shirts, 2 track suit bottoms, and for the first time in about 5 years, NO SOCKS ! (Threats of a bottle of rum in the air, so keeping everything crossed).

20. 1 stone and two inches on my belly :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: