What next... (post Sultan)

Asasioun

Badgeman
Apologies if this is already down somewhere else, feel free to call me a bellend and direct me to it...

In the mean time, is anyone able to tell me what the pipeline is after Phase 2, SMQs has been mentioned in passing, but I/we have been given pretty much no information as to what happens next, and I'm nosey so...

Thanks all

Sent using Tapatalk

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
After Phase 2 you will head to SMQ, which will more than likely be in faslane. Once you have completed SMQ, you will do firefighting and SETT. Then you'll join a boat and have to complete your BSQ. On completion you get your dolphins and the choice of whether to take the £5k Golden Hello...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Asasioun

Badgeman
After Phase 2 you will head to SMQ, which will more than likely be in faslane. Once you have completed SMQ, you will do firefighting and SETT. Then you'll join a boat and have to complete your BSQ. On completion you get your dolphins and the choice of whether to take the £5k Golden Hello...

If I can be nosier still, any idea on how long SMQs, ff&SETT and BSQs take??

Thank you very much tho

Sent using Tapatalk

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
If I can be nosier still, any idea on how long SMQs, ff&SETT and BSQs take??

Thank you very much tho

Sent using Tapatalk
Firefighting is a couple of days. SETT is about the same. SMQ is 10 weeks. BSQ is entirely up to you as you're demonstrating your knowledge and understanding to your oppos; also depends on what class of boat you're on...

IlikeB33r

Lantern Swinger
Your BSQ element is really your time to shine. A lot of people skim past SMQ as it's just an exam based exercise. Being "good" at your BSQ taskbook reflects a lot on your department so they'll encourage you to get it done asap whether that be helping you with systems or telling you that you're staying down the boat to get it done. Quite honestly just be pro-active for the few months it can take to get it completed because as a non-qual you'll get treated like a skimmer and if you're keen people will be more inclined to give you a walk round or sign a system. Also if your platform is in a maintenance period, don't expect to be getting systems signed every week. The boats program is more important than yours. I like hob nobs before a walk round fyi.

fishhead

War Hero
Your BSQ element is really your time to shine. A lot of people skim past SMQ as it's just an exam based exercise. Being "good" at your BSQ taskbook reflects a lot on your department so they'll encourage you to get it done asap whether that be helping you with systems or telling you that you're staying down the boat to get it done. Quite honestly just be pro-active for the few months it can take to get it completed because as a non-qual you'll get treated like a skimmer and if you're keen people will be more inclined to give you a walk round or sign a system. Also if your platform is in a maintenance period, don't expect to be getting systems signed every week. The boats program is more important than yours. I like hob nobs before a walk round fyi.
For the avoidance of doubt, chocolate or plain? ;)

Latest Threads