What music do you run to?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by whitewaters, Jan 11, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just curious as to what music people are listening to when in the gym/out for a run. Could do with some recommendations.

At the moment I'm blasting my way through the likes of Sub Focus, Benny Benassi, Pendulum and Paul
    Oakenfold. I find myself trying to keep up with the higher bpm which helps with trying to get my run times down. That and imagining myself running away from work.

2. Police sirens: the sound of them make some people run like hell!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. oliver heldens
    chase and status
    martin garrix
    calvin harris
    adrian lux

4. Anything hard rock and sometimes Aussie, AC/DC, Airbourne, Avenged Sevenfold, The Pretty Reckless, Halestorm, A Day To Remember...... Ya get me drift....

5. Cochise by audioslave

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's not music, but I downloaded this app called 'Zombies, Run!'. Pretty self explanatory - zombies chase you - certainly got me running a little bit faster! And it breaks up the monotony of long distance running :)

7. Some good recommendations there. Am in the process of updating the old ipod. I tend to find the prospect of listening to a new album motivates me to get off my arse and hit the gym so the more the merrier. Recent additions include the likes of Armin van Buuren and Pretty Lights which are well worth a listen in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I love Avenged sevenfold!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eminem - Till I Collapse

10. hail to the king will get you up any hill! Or bat country....

11. My gym album used to be Brassbound by the ordinary boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. heavy heavy metal :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Currently playing Rebel Era by Griz on a loop. Highly recommended to anyone with ears.

14. thought I'd give that album a try, gotta say its a game changer! Thanks for shouting it out!

15. No worries, Mad Liberation is also worth a blast but Rebel Era is the better of the two in my opinion. Much more "wobbly".

16. Anything with a good beat! Drum and Bass, music with motivational messages. AWOLNATION is currently on my playlist!

17. Yeah I get what you say, the start of rebel era (first five songs) are absolutely perfect! The rest are great too though. I like the sax bits too :D

18. How much do you eat before running, do you have a hearty breakfast or eat more you come back?

19. I usually have a glass of water and then some bran flakes when I get back with a brew.

Upto week 7 and really enjoying it, never though I would be saying that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1