What medals does HM The Queen wear

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by tomm90, Nov 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The ones in the picture I suppose.
  2. Can't see an Iron Cross there.
  3. No she's just defender of the faith. I think your thinking of Jesus, he got the wooden one :roll: :wink: 8O
  4. Well, she'd be entitled to the Defence Medal, the 1937 and 1953 Coronation Medals, George V Jubilee Medal, a couple of Jubilee medals of her own, the Majesterial Long Service and Good Conduct Medal, and the BEM (Buck-House Endurance Medal). :)
    That should just about cover it! :D

5. '78 or'79 I got stitched, between boats, to do Royal Guard for the PoW's freedom of the city of Portsmouth.

Both the Queen Mum and Lord Mountbatten wore Dolphins ( the Submarine Medal) at the top of their sashes.

Sadly Mountbatten got blown up 3 months later. :(
  6. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

And I did his funeral.

7. You too Levers? So did the POS. Did you get recalled from leave? POS still whines about that even now, 30 years later.
  8. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Yup. Recalled from Summer Leave, drafted to Excellent, rebooted, retreaded, sized off, formed into files of six, too stumpy, assigned to Book of Condolence at Pompey Guildhall for six weeks, backclassed on return.

The rest is history. Very sure my life would have gone in a different direction were it not for his funeral.

9. Clearer shot here - but as it's B&W I can't tell what the medals are - apart from the War Medal (which as a wartime servicewomen she's entitled to) definitely being in there .
  10. According to Wikipedia it should be

1. Member of the Imperial Order of the Crown of India
    2. Defence Medal 1939-1945
    3. War Medal 1939-1945
    4. KGV Silver Jubilee Medal
    5. KGVI Coronation Medal
    6. Canadian Forces Decoration
  11. Thanks for that thehuntforredoctober - I was looking for a list for that - not a particular expert on medals myself, though I recognise some these days. The first one was completely throwing me!
  12. Order of the Garter beneath sash.
    What medals? Whatever the fook she want's she's the boss.
    Although I'm sure she has more self respect and dignity than to wear decorations to which she's not throughly entitled.

PS Young Liz in Guards rig!! Lovely.
  13. Never heard them called a medal before!! Lord louis wore them as he was a submariner on K boats
  14. She also has a Duke of Edinburgh Award Badge!! :roll:
  15. That's fcuk all I have a "Blue Peter " badge, an" I fcuked the ugliest gronk on Virgins corner award"1972 (Nesson transit camp all comers finale) and four or five canteen medals, from the junior rates dining hall and the canteen in the Traf club. :oops: :roll: 8O
    Black caters step up here ............
  16. What medals does HM The Queen wear?

Any medals she bloody well wants!
  17. Where did HMQ do her part 3? :lol:
  18. On Phil the Greeks pink porker in Windsor