What makes us enjoy some foods more than others.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Mar 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder why I like certain things more than others.

For instance I love seafood, but I really love Mussels.

Could the reason be that they look like little fannies? :p

What food do you like and why? :oops:
  2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Hmmmmmm,,,,,,,,my sister likes black pudding, dirty wench. I like cheesy hammy eggy's, but I don't enjoy fried eggs.
  3. "What makes us enjoy some foods more than others?"

Drink, obviously.
  4. I can only eat Donar Kebabs and KFD when drunk :D
  5. I love curry, and have started to eat it mid week with no drink involved. Surprisingly I enjoy it more with no drink.

I remember ordering a phal one night when staying with an oppo. It turned out they needed 24 hours notice before they could produce one.

24 hours notice was duly given.

I knew we were in trouble when I noticed the entire kitchen staff had turned out to watch us eat it.

I was sharing a bedroom with my oppo, and at 0730, his dozy mother thought we might appreciate a cup of tea.

I have an abiding memory of a loud "Jesus Christ!", her looking for somewhere to put the 2 cups of tea, and her legging it to the window to let in some fresh air.

Serves her right!
  6. What time did you eat it? I had one once and it only took about 4 hrs to to liquify my guts and try to burn me a new ar5ehole :pottytrain5:

spent the rest of the night on the bog 8O
  7. Squid, any way it comes, I'd eat it 3 times a day if I could..
  8. Dog?

Derek the Hamster?
  9. I'll save you the hassle of those cogs in your brain working.

KFD - Kentucky Fried D*ck
  10. i enjoy currys and cheesey hammy eggy's washed down with kronenberg

11. The way they"cook " it Kentucky Fcuked Duck :puke:
  12. Am I unique in that I can eat KFC(D) sober?
    Forget coal and pickled onions, Mrs Flymo, whilst growing the Strimmer, got heavily into KFC...
    Bl00dy marvellous :)
  13. I hate onions and offal.

Any other scran is fair play really.

I really really love olives for some reason, I could eat them constantly.
  14. What you call yourself a marelot and don't like shit on a raft! :p :oops:
  15. Why do you think I left the mob? :lol:
  16. Yes mate, olives are the nuts! I literally couldn't stomach them when I was younger, then last month when we went to a restaurant I got all macho and I tried one....which then turned to a second helping and so forth until I scoffed down about 10 down of the gorgeous lil things! 8)

As for KFC flymo, I'm into healthy eating in a big way so you are alone there I'm afraid! I literally don't remember when I last had one of those.. a greasy fried breast of chicken with a side portion of chips really doesn't float my boat! But each to their own! :wink:
  17. That seems a bit extreme, leaving the Mob because you don't like shit on a raft

(Breakfast of the Gods, btw.)

And Slim, what's a marelot?

Is it a female horse gagging for it?
  18. I don't mind smashing in a KFC once in a while. I much prefer it to McBurger King and the value for money is great if you get one of the box meals; Zinger burger, chips, drink, 2 hot wings and your choice of gravy, coleslaw or corn for under a fiver. Bargain.
  19. Liver is awesome scran, fried up with onions on a bed of rice, it doesn't come any better!
  20. You Sir, are a wrong'n.