What kit do we have off Libya?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by wannabejack, Oct 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The RN website isn't clear just now. I know that Bangor is there. Is Liverpool still? Has anything replaced Ocean?

I've got an important test in a few days... Any help on this would be much appreciated!

2. What kit? Eh?

3. I believe he is referring to grey messengers of death.

4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

On the 19th of September the MOD reported:

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Military Operations | UK and French ships rendezvous off Libyan coast

MoD/RN sites have since reported Fort Rosalie homeward bound and auto posted the story on RR. Assuming your test is recruitment related, qualify your answer with the date of the latest information in the public domain.

On the 19th of September, Ocean, Liverpool, Bangor and Fort Rosalie blah, Rosalie is on her way home, Bangor is currently......

If it's not on the internet doesn't mean it's a secret but no-one here in the know will give you any information on Operations that isn't legally in the Public Domain.

All the best with your test.

5. Which newspaper did you say you worked for? ;-)

6. I have no doubt there is an STC detachment out there as well.

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Intelligence image of Allied forces off Libya, yesterday:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. A set of No 8s and a left footed steaming bat; nosey bastard.

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They're called No. 4s now.

10. We have Catholic footwear? First Halal meat and now this, tcchhh.

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I dropped my seal skin tobacco pouch....full of bloody duty free baccy.......of the sodding coast of libya a fair few moons ago. Best Gucci bit of kit I ever had. Perfect for covert tabs in Norway.