What kit do they give you at Raleigh?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SirRunsAlot, Jul 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just curious as to what kit they give you at Raleigh?

Has anyone got a full list? Or a near full list? And whilst at Raleigh do you have to wear a beret?
  2. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Berets are optional, I understand, however headgear of some form must be worn - gentlemen may choose to wear a bowler hat; those with a working class upbringing may prefer the ageless flat-cap; for more modern "yoot" the Burberry baseball cap is also an option.
  3. Is this for real.
  4. You will be issued with all the kit required, Additionally each class is issued with one blow up doll. This is to be shared and not hogged by the class leader.
    The doll must be washed out after use, either after each use or when full, if the doll cries and her nose runs she has been over filled.
  5. In the current financial state with the recession, is over inflation likely to be a problem with these inflatables? :lol:
  6. Affirm it's a single "sock, wanking, for the use of" now.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

That just about sums it up I reckon... :lol:
  8. F.F.S.

I despair.

What do the yoof of today expect, Swedish open-crotch drawers and winter wear long-johns with a crap-flap ?

Roll on death !!

9. If your follicly challenged one of the options Raleigh give you is to have your swad painted dark blue and a beret badge tattooed on your forehead thus saving the MoD the cost of a beret, there is a recession on you know.
  10. FFS, why on earth would you need to know :roll: :roll:
    they should do an award on here for the most throbbing newbie
  11. Amongst other things, you will be issued the following:

A large variety of interesting and colourful uniforms which you will have to look after,
    Some hats (see above),
    Some footwear (various types for different fun activities, my favourite were the white daps),
    A locker,
    A key for above (don't lose this or bad things will happen),
    An SA80 (or something more sexy like an MP5 or M4 if you are joining as a Splash Target Coxswain),
    Some manky old overalls for cleaning in (not if you are an STC, the training is too intense to have time for cleaning)
  12. You also gain the ability to stop asking stupid fcuking questions and the capability of not requiring spoon fed every second.
  13. Not if you are joining as a Steward.
  14. A drug testing kit to see if you're still taking smack as is often evident from some of the questions posted on here!!

LMFAO!! :lol:
  15. Wowowow, this sub forum is called newbies for a reason...

Calm down with the hatred ladies.
  16. SRAL

Are you asking what you will be given in the way of clothing?
  17. I was....
  18. It is called Newbies correct, it's not called spoon fed morons though is it? You'll be issued what you need, and what the fcuk do you think you'll wear on your schwad at Raleigh?
  19. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I can tell you what you get for breakfast if you post a pic of your mother with her kit off.