What kind of gun is this, a WMD?????

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Gutaway, Feb 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if somebody else has already asked this. This weapon was apparently found in Iraq.

[​IMG]
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252409,00.html

The accompaning article is unconvincing (it is after all Foxnews). So what is it?

The pistol grip looks dubious to me-- a little too wooden) and the scope seems rather out of place in such a weapon and more suited for a rifle or carbine. And the size of the thing (3 feet) is a little too small for a conventional RPG.

On closer observation, the scope seems to be mounted on the left side at right angles to the pistol grip.

Is somebody getting a laugh at other peoples expense?

2. Mk1 Porridge Gun

3. Potato gun...had one when I was a kid. (Still got one actually!) :grin:

4. Whatever it is, it's homemade. Some sort of attempt at an RPG, or possibly a training tool, judging by the not-too-convincing "rocket" in the foreground.

5. It's no good showing the thing to me - have you got the stock number and I'll look it up for you and see if we've got one :lol:

6. Toys R Us have loads of them, £5.99.

7. looks like a new version of the RPG launcher. The bit in the foreground is the older version. The rocket isn't attached.

8. New? It's got bits bolted, welded and screwed onto it! The "sight" is an over the counter hunting rifle scope that's been bolted onto a makeshift weaver rail with a pair of 20mm rings. There's no blast shield, and the handle and foregrip have been screwed straight into the barrel. If that's an RPG Launcher the only safe way to fire it is to get someone else to do it.

9. Its a Walt Seeking Babies Head Discharger!

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Can I suggest that we just ignore all posts made by this twat Cutaway, if he's not getting any attention he will soon F O

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

janner its NOT Cutaway its Gutaway

12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

C U new wot oi ment :wink: :roll: :wink:

13. wet_blobby

yer tis mie luvver,

14. wet_blobby

preatorian?????