What kind of boat is this please?

This is a picture I took in St.Petersburg, Russia in August 2005. Can someone tell me something about it... yes I know its a boat... :oops:

StPetersburgSUB2004.jpg

Apologies for the reflections, but I photographed it through my cabin porthole (on holiday). It's better than anything I ever photographed during Hornbeam!

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Looks a little dodgy to me. Wouldn't fancy going to sea in it.

What's with the eye (look closely)? Don't they have Sonar? :roll:

SF

oldseadog

War Hero
Black Russian! :roll: That's a cigarette popular in the 60's
Yankee! :roll: You put one of those on at the bookies
Kilo! :roll: is worth 2.2lbs in real money!

Read the question first! :lol:

Bloody hell! I know now that the country is in deep she-ite :cry: when it takes a former Royal to tell you that it is ...... It is ...... wait for it ...... a Submarine! :twisted:

Kerist! :)

OSD

Hawkeye

Lantern Swinger
It could be the Submarine Seaview from voyage to the bottom of the sea.
The shiny front bit could be the window that opens :lol:

Nigaramus

Lantern Swinger
Always_a_Civvy said:
This is a picture I took in St.Petersburg, Russia in August 2005. Can someone tell me something about it... yes I know its a boat... :oops:

StPetersburgSUB2004.jpg

Apologies for the reflections, but I photographed it through my cabin porthole (on holiday). It's better than anything I ever photographed during Hornbeam!

and it is called "St Petersburg". It is nearing completion of build there. See link : http://www.oakhamgraphics.com/spb_2006/Kilo_Sankt-Peterburg.html

Nigaramus said:
...and it is called "St Petersburg". It is nearing completion of build there. See link : http://www.oakhamgraphics.com/spb_2006/Kilo_Sankt-Peterburg.html

Thanks Nigaramus.

I can't believe it! The ship I was on (Black Watch - Fred Olsen Lines) was literally moored opposite this boat for two nights! I can't believe that we were moored overlooking their Admiralty Dockyard. How things have changed since Soviet times! 8O It WAS a lovely sight though... :D

Latest Threads