What is this ribbon?

#7
higthepig said:
More important, why isn`t he wearing his wings?
RN officers pilots wear their wings on their cuff above the curl on the
stripes -----pilots wings and observers badges . Or used to!!




:nemo: :nemo:
 
#8
Greenie said:
higthepig said:
More important, why isn`t he wearing his wings?
RN officers pilots wear their wings on their cuff above the curl on the
stripes -----pilots wings and observers badges . Or used to!!




:nemo: :nemo:
Yes they still do.left cuff i think. So you woudnt be able to see them if he is wearing them.
 

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#9
Ah, but do his makee-learn Crab wings qualify him to wear Pusser's ones? (Just idle Sunday afternoon nit-picking).
 

pastrdp

Lantern Swinger
#10
stan_the_man said:
Get them in Lucky bags as well - worth fcuk all
Absolutely right, however, if you're daft enough to take a bit of duraglit to them, then they very quickly resemble a QGM (worth alot), as a certain PO Diver in Gib found out just in time for 1SL divisions.
 
#14
Doesnt he have to do a conversion course or something like that.
I suppose if he goes on boats he'll earn his Dolphins as well.
Good luck to the lad,I wouldnt have his place in the world.

As an aside,Mountbatten wore Dolphins but never as far as I know served on boats.

Anybody know why?
 
#15
rod-gearing said:
Doesnt he have to do a conversion course or something like that.
I suppose if he goes on boats he'll earn his Dolphins as well.
Good luck to the lad,I wouldnt have his place in the world.

As an aside,Mountbatten wore Dolphins but never as far as I know served on boats. Just click on the link.

Anybody know why?
The portait of Mountbatten shown in link he is wearing Dolphins but was never a submariner. Brooches for Officers.


http://www.junemendoza.co.uk/image/roy-mountbatten.jpg

and for real

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38509000/jpg/_38509577_mountbatten238.jpg

Nutty
 
#16
Nutty said:
rod-gearing said:
Doesnt he have to do a conversion course or something like that.
I suppose if he goes on boats he'll earn his Dolphins as well.
Good luck to the lad,I wouldnt have his place in the world.

As an aside,Mountbatten wore Dolphins but never as far as I know served on boats. Just click on the link.

Anybody know why?
The portait of Mountbatten shown in link he is wearing Dolphins but was never a submariner. Brooches for Officers.


http://www.junemendoza.co.uk/image/roy-mountbatten.jpg

and for real

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38509000/jpg/_38509577_mountbatten238.jpg

Nutty
Cheers for that,perhaps he went out on a familys day and thought he was entitledto wear them afterwards.
 
#19
brigham600 said:
I know he also did a lot of work with getting Dreadnought into service and was maybe given the 'dolphins' as a prezzie. ;-)
You mean like an honoury degree type thing?

I gave Dolphins out as prezzies to young ladys ashore but that usually after all night in!
 

Similar threads

New Posts