What is this country coming to?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by onions, Feb 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard on radio 2 lunchtime news that, a school in Carmarthen has banned children from making Mothers Day cards, in case it upsets children who do not have Mothers!
    As Tony Newley sang all those years ago "Stop the World, I want to get off!"

Keep Striving.

2. Perhaps they should scrap Parents' Day as it might upset children without parents, and Homework might upset children without their own homes or unemployed parent(s)?

3. Some people are just plain stupid, but I suppose we all knew that.

4. What about Fathers day for all the little bastard kids of chav birds? No wonder kids are turning into such pansies, yaers ago it was part of the growing up process to take the piss out of kids with missing parent's, kids who got free school dinners, wore hand-me-downs etc.
    What a nanny state.

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They have schools in Wales?! :shock:

6. It's that devolution thing, they are getting ideas above their station.

7. sgtpepperband

I've got a cruel Welsh joke which I think will get me banned if I post it here - PM me if you want to hear it... :wicked:

8. Put the joke in the Jokes section sgt.

9. sgtpepperband

Will do - but if I get bumped, it's been nice knowing you all... :mad:

10. I'm waiting..................... :wink:

11. I think every one is

12. sgtpepperband

Hmm, tried several times but there is a database error in the Joke Section! Anyway here goes:

Q: What's black and sings underground?
    A: Aberfan School Choir!

:shock: :wink:

13. Q: What's white and sings above ground?
    A:

14. FECKING SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. could'nt make it up could you , fxxxxxxxxxxg mad or what ,

16. Little bit offended by that one Sgtpepperband!

17. maybe they should make "Significant Other" Cards?n second thoughts,fuck it!

18. Don't know where that one should have gone Sgtpepper, RR doesn't have an "in the worst possible taste" forum as far as I know.

Back to the topic. Having been in the situation where my Mum had died when I was seven, I'm very glad to say I didn't attend the same school as Lingyai, and my classmates and teachers were very sympathetic.
    Even in 1943, before we adopted the Septic's idea of Mothers' Day, (it used to be Mothering Sunday), I still made a card and just put my Aunt's name on it. No problem.

These ultra PC people really p*ss me off!

2BM

19. Very soon the law will allow same sex adoption.Mothers Day will be very confusing for a child with two daddies! Frightening