What is this country coming to?

onions

GCM
Just heard on radio 2 lunchtime news that, a school in Carmarthen has banned children from making Mothers Day cards, in case it upsets children who do not have Mothers!
As Tony Newley sang all those years ago "Stop the World, I want to get off!"

Keep Striving.

Perhaps they should scrap Parents' Day as it might upset children without parents, and Homework might upset children without their own homes or unemployed parent(s)?

onions said:
Just heard on radio 2 lunchtime news that, a school in Carmarthen has banned children from making Mothers Day cards, in case it upsets children who do not have Mothers!

Keep Striving.
Some people are just plain stupid, but I suppose we all knew that.

What about Fathers day for all the little bastard kids of chav birds? No wonder kids are turning into such pansies, yaers ago it was part of the growing up process to take the piss out of kids with missing parent's, kids who got free school dinners, wore hand-me-downs etc.
What a nanny state.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
onions said:

Keep Striving.
They have schools in Wales?! :shock:

sgtpepperband said:
onions said:

Keep Striving.
They have schools in Wales?! :shock:
It's that devolution thing, they are getting ideas above their station.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I've got a cruel Welsh joke which I think will get me banned if I post it here - PM me if you want to hear it... :wicked:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hmm, tried several times but there is a database error in the Joke Section! Anyway here goes:

Q: What's black and sings underground?
A: Aberfan School Choir!

:shock: :wink:

sgtpepperband said:
Hmm, tried several times but there is a database error in the Joke Section! Anyway here goes:

Q: What's white and sings above ground?
A:

sgtpepperband said:

FECKING SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

dondon

MIA
onions said:

Keep Striving.

could'nt make it up could you , fxxxxxxxxxxg mad or what ,

sgtpepperband said:

Little bit offended by that one Sgtpepperband!

2badge_mango

War Hero
Don't know where that one should have gone Sgtpepper, RR doesn't have an "in the worst possible taste" forum as far as I know.

Back to the topic. Having been in the situation where my Mum had died when I was seven, I'm very glad to say I didn't attend the same school as Lingyai, and my classmates and teachers were very sympathetic.
Even in 1943, before we adopted the Septic's idea of Mothers' Day, (it used to be Mothering Sunday), I still made a card and just put my Aunt's name on it. No problem.

These ultra PC people really p*ss me off!

2BM

moondog

War Hero
onions said:

Keep Striving.
Very soon the law will allow same sex adoption.Mothers Day will be very confusing for a child with two daddies! Frightening

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SONAR-BENDER Coming soon fo the West Country! Diamond Lil's 10
C what is this country coming to?? The Quarterdeck 18
Shakey What is this country coming to etc etc etc. Diamond Lil's 19
MoD_RSS UK increases Export Finance country limit for Pakistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hot weather warning issued for parts of the country MoD News 0
D Lebanon: What a troubled country. History 6
MoD_RSS The IAGCI invites tenders to evaluate the UK Home Office Country Information Products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Obesity Strategy unveiled as country urged to lose weight to beat coronavirus (COVID-19) and protect the NHS MoD News 0
Stirlin Sweet Country Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
MoD_RSS £5.4 million to help colleges upskill the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scaling up climate action: country strategies and emerging investment opportunities for a green recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Creativity keeping road workers safe and the country moving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government fires up R&D across the country to cement the UK as science superpower MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health Secretary calls on country to get tested as access is expanded even further MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DRS helping to keep the country rolling MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government takes further action to support bus and lorry drivers who are keeping the country moving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to improve road journeys across the country with £93 million investment and cutting-edge transport tech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £20 million to connect communities across the country with new railway stations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: Inspection of Country of Origin Information, June 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New plans to safeguard country’s telecoms network and pave way for fast, reliable and secure connectivity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government pledges £500 million to bring back historic rail lines, improving connectivity for communities across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Passengers to plan journeys down to the minute as big data revitalises country’s bus use MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Global Youth SDGs Summit - DFID Country Director Speech MoD News 0
Maxpowers Whispers in the wind of west country Lightning The Fleet Air Arm 26
MoD_RSS Ministers highlight vital projects around the country as government drives infrastructure revolution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The IAGCI invites tenders to evaluate the UK Home Office Country Information Products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS We need every country to recognise that attacks on media freedom are beyond the pale MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Special #knifefree chicken boxes launched across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS University boosts earnings by around 20% across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Multi-million fund to revitalise country's high streets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Inspection report published: Inspection of Country of Origin Information, January 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government invests £142 million in building communities to deliver the homes the country needs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: DFID Ghana Country Director's Speech at the Northern Ghana Development Summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK exports more vaccines than any other G7 country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Secretary: keeping our country safe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Home Secretary speech on keeping our country safe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New trains to be rolled out across the country alongside £48 billion investment to upgrade tracks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New Youth Charter to support young people across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: £3.7 million to fund 5 new garden towns across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Communities across the country given £500,000 to commemorate Windrush Generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The IAGCI invites tenders to evaluate the UK Home Office Country Information Products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The IAGCI invites tenders for a thematic evaluation of the UK Home Office Country Information Products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: LLWR donation will help save lives in country areas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Africa Minister makes two-country trip to Southern Africa to deepen partnership MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Local Industrial Strategies to drive growth across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Chief Inspector publishes his latest country of origin information report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Local Industrial Strategies to drive growth across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: UKaid direct funded 'maternal health project' launches in Ghana: speech by DFID Country Director MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: DFID Country Director's speech at the 2nd African Girls Summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: DFID Ghana Deputy Country Director's speech at FSD Africa - SEC Ghana Signing Ceremony MoD News 0