What is the worst ever bit of ...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by fly_past, Oct 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Political Correctness gone wrong that really annoys you??

One answer each (please remember the forum rules too about swearing as I am young cough and innocent !).
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Freedom of speech on public fora... :wink:
  3. As Cartman frequently says "I'm not fat, I'm big boned" !
  4. Scroats that "cannot be named for legal reasons" :threaten: :threaten:
  5. And the same Scroats who can't do 'time' due to their age.
  6. Not being able to tell jokes about the Irish,Scottish,Welsh and the English
    of course
  7. Contributor Mode

'That you must not deflate over inflated egos'

8. The six foot six fourteen stone schoolboy cannot be named for legal reasons.

Yet if some bloke gets accused of a sexual incident even innocent his name get splashed all over the papers. Then when proven innocent the tar still sticks!!

9. It should be INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.... when did that stop being a right?
  10. European Human Rights legislation.
  11. Well in the mob it is guilty until proven innocent :)
  12. I'm with backpacker on this one.

Why can a woman scream rape but not be named while her accuser is named.

It gets to court and it is then reported she has done this a number of times before but the court wont allow her to be named. However, the fella has had his name dragged through the gutter, probably lost his job and any family he may have had.

Yes, I do feel sorry for those women that are raped and they shouldnt feel that they have to "hide it" because of those that want to "get at" someone.

13. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

The removal of failure as a concept and its replacement by deferred success. As an invigilator of exams during RNR qualifying courses I have been ordered by officers to "give the candidates every opportunity to pass". When candidates subsequently didn't pass, it wasn't their performance under scrutiny, but mine. I'd obviously not given tham all the necessary opportunities (aka answers); the stigma of their failure would mentally scar them for the rest of their days, and it would be all my fault!
  14. The removal of competitive sports for kids - it creates "winners and loser". They should have played for some of the football teams I turned out for, but we were always there the following week.