WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE EVER EATEN?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Sparrowhawk01, Nov 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went out for a meal in a South African restaurant the other day and some of the lads had a ZULU Steak, all enjoyed it and said it was nice and spicy. When we asked the owner what was in it he said the sauce was call " Monkey Gland Sauce" and it always gave a good little kick!!! YUM :pukel:

So to the point of this topic. WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE EVER EATEN?

2. Dog..not sure which breed it was, but it tasted OK..bit like rabbit meat :hungry:

Had frogs legs once..never again :puker:

3. Other than anything my wife cooks - sheeps eyes in Saudi -YEEUCCH !

4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Worms, hedgehog, squirrel, snake, snails, some sort of fat grub thing wrapped in a leaf........ to be honest I'll eat just about anything ..... except sea insects (prawns and the like) :pukel:

5. Dog, in Brazil.

Effing minging, made me feel very sick and incredibly guilty at the same time :(

6. is that when your wife is serving in the Afghan. HaHa

BZ to her though and good luck!

7. Freshly skinned snake in China and it was one of the nicest things I've ever eaten

8. a willy :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

9. Hairy Pie at the wrong time of the month.Arrgh

10. Think most of us have eaten that at some time rod

11. What a camels?

12. Was it still attached to it's owner or were you dining at Chez Dahlmer! :pukel:
    NZB

13. Snails cooked with camembert cheese... OK

Frogs legs in white sauce flavoured with mace blade and bay leaf... YUMMY!

Sea slug... I enjoyed eating it BEFORE I was told what I had just eaten :)

Chips in Cairo's Hilton Hotel, where I had lunch in the mid 70s, which were like crewing on rubber! YUK!

Chips with lashings of Tabasco sauce, which I mistook for tomato ketchup.... The Fire Brigade eventually extinguished the fire in the mouth! My excuse is that I was a teenager at the time and thus under the influence of adults who insisted that Tabasco sauce was similar to ketchup.... they pointed out afterwards that '...well it was RED...' I actually had problems eating for a few days afterwards, it caused that much internal damage.

14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Hairy pie rare or blue.....at the time your normaly shedded and think...mmm got her damp, only in the morning do you wake up, stumble to the heads and instead of seeing bloodshot eyes in the mirror you see a red tide mark...eeughhh.

Ate snails once, was awful, like swallowing garlic snot.

15. Worm omlette made with seagulls eggs and dandelion leaves to impress the natives on the Isle of Skye when working up there.

Wood louse fried in oil. Yummy yummy! Like miniature crabs.

Not forgetting the Hu Hu Grubs nice crunchy head cooked in butter

[​IMG]

16. [quote="wet_blobby"

Ate snails once, was awful, like swallowing garlic snot.[/quote]

I reckon snails are quite palatable. However, have no experience of garlic snot. Have you got a decent recipe Blobs?

2BM

17. I had a 3 snake curry in Honky Fid.3 diffrent types of snake meat in a shitty brown sauce.Worst fecking chinky i've ever had.One of my oppos had deep fried squirrel in a sweet and sour sauce.That was one fcuked up meal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Drunken shrimp.Live shrimp swimming in bowl of white wine.
    Balut, Duck egg with the embryo formed,beak,feathers, disgusting.Considered a source of health/potency in the Philippines.

19. Guinea Pigs legs in Peru - not sure what they tasted like as it was o/c of a brewery run. A case of 'big eats', anything will do!

20. Deep fried haggis from Neptune chippy.