What is life really like in the marines?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by greenlid, Nov 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im hoping to apply to the marines within the next week however before i do i would like the opinion of some maines what it is really like.

I've read all the booklets and the DVD from the marines but obviously they are going to make it sound glamourous.

I was going to do a degree and become an officer however due to domestic issues thats no longer possible. So i gues waht im asking is whether or not there is an element of truth in the recruiting vdeos, is there the camaradere between marines and everything else they say?

Would Really appreciate a quick response thanks
  2. IT'S BRILLIANT!!!!!
    Should of course be hoofin'.
  3. PS your username should be Blue lid with a redpatch, unless you're a Boy Scout of course then dig out.
  4. But seriously if you apply yourself, dig out and make yourself a valuable member of your Unit you'll make mates for life. If you're a dipsh!t you'll be treated like one.
    Same as in any job really except there's more drinking, swearing, dressing up in ladies undergaments and bullets.
  5. Not sure about the order here...
  6. Depends entirely on location.
    In UK and in funds=shedloads of two of the first three.
    In sandy places=More of the last, hopefully downrange and heaps more Anglo-Saxon usage. :wink:
  7. Just turn up at the AFCO naked and with a roll mat and you'll be fine.
  8. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer