What is everybody's plan to fill time until entry?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bryan, Feb 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was in abit of a stress last night as I thought I didnt really have a plan until entry... Im looking for ideas with this post mainly
    I work part-time and am in college 1 day a week on my 3rd year of electrical..
    my electrical course finishes in june, and in my job, I cannot work full-time as everyone is on 'part-time but with extra hours'...
    Ive looked at charity work for example, just feel like I don't have a 'plan' as such... any ideas??
  2. Slightly different for me as I have a mortgage. But in the mean time its gym, running and just generally maintaining my fitness till i get back in.
  3. Similar to Daffy in a way. Paying off my Uni overdraft as quickly as possible and spending all my spare time getting my fitness upto scratch. I have quite a wait ahead of me though. Volunteer work might be an option for you maybe.
  4. Same here just keeping the fittness up to scratch and I'm planning on having a look into joining the reserves while I'm waiting I've just over two years to kill so seems the best way to get relevant experience. Do you have any idea how long you have left to wait, it may be worth your while considering it if you're in a similar boat!
  5. Me? 18months from RT so a Oct/Nov date is possible for me. Just need my CA to put request in to the Army for my old TA Med records so that I can proceed to my medical and PJFT soon as possible. He hasnt done so yet according to the Army Records lot. Frustrating really but Il get there
  6. Just enjoy life :)
  7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Yes, because when you join thats the end of it.
  8. Just working, keeping fit and really focussing on my Kickboxing while I still have the time to.
  9. what made you want to re-join?
  10. Basically had enough of civillian life.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  11. I'm managing a restaurant and trying to be patient!