What is current affairs?

WreckerL

War Hero
Start exploring new things by surfing on the internet.
Seeing as the OP asked the question last November and had 2 weeks to go before the exam, your advice is a bit late.

Exploring what's on the internet is slightly invalidated if you don't actually read what's on the net.

Just saying :)

Sumo

War Hero
Seeing as the OP asked the question last November and had 2 weeks to go before the exam, your advice is a bit late.

Exploring what's on the internet is slightly invalidated if you don't actually read what's on the net.

Just saying :)
Does Face ache count as reading ta web?

PedlarP

Lantern Swinger
V = I x R for current affairs but you might meet some resistance ;)
I tried to be resistive (R = V/I) but I can't stand the pressure (V = IxR) so I'll go with the flow (I = V/R). This is a more accurate account of current affairs...just saying

Last edited:

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I'm sure I remember from Mech's course that Pressure is Roh G H, but I can't be arrsed checking. Only remember it as we were 'under pressure' so it was an in joke. Haven't got the symbol for Roh either.

Sumo, help me out here!!

WreckerL

War Hero
I tried to be resistive (R = V/I) but I can't stand the pressure (V = IxR) so I'll go with the flow (I = V/R). This is a more accurate account of current affairs...just saying
I tried to keep it simple but met some impedance so got some z's in instead.

Sumo

War Hero
I'm sure I remember from Mech's course that Pressure is Roh G H, but I can't be arrsed checking. Only remember it as we were 'under pressure' so it was an in joke. Haven't got the symbol for Roh either.

Sumo, help me out here!!
P=pgh = F/A

PedlarP

Lantern Swinger

Sumo, help me out here!!
SB and Sumo you're both correct when referring to hydrostatic pressure...density, gravity, height blah, blah but when teaching electrical theory to baby greenies using the plumbing analogy the voltage is equated to water pressure while current is equated to water flow. Resistance is when her indoors parks the car on the hose and you can't understand why there's no water coming out the end despite a full head of pressure (tap wide open equates to Batts-in-Series) and then while looking at the nozzle scratching your head her indoors drives off and you get a face full of amps

huwshpis

War Hero
SB and Sumo you're both correct when referring to hydrostatic pressure...density, gravity, height blah, blah but when teaching electrical theory to baby greenies using the plumbing analogy the voltage is equated to water pressure while current is equated to water flow. Resistance is when her indoors parks the car on the hose and you can't understand why there's no water coming out the end despite a full head of pressure (tap wide open equates to Batts-in-Series) and then while looking at the nozzle scratching your head her indoors drives off and you get a face full of amps
Bloody good explanation. :)

Sumo

War Hero
Mixing water and lecky no good, start of big bang theory?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Meh - I'm just surprised / amazed / delighted that I remembered something, anything, off the top of my head from the academic part of Mech's course way over 35 years ago!

I'm going for a sit down now!

Sumo

War Hero
Meh - I'm just surprised / amazed / delighted that I remembered something, anything, off the top of my head from the academic part of Mech's course way over 35 years ago!

I'm going for a sit down now!
Have a G&T go easy on the T and forget even more of Mechs