What is? and how do I?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by FIRST_WATCH_ANGEL, Sep 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya have looked everywhere but can't seem to find how to access these all knowledge containing "sticky" things :slow: ....yes I know there is an obvious innuendo ;) but can someone tell me what & where please

Also is BLD as "good fun" as ml2sjw suggests? and what do the letters stand for.

Apologies in advance for what may well be bone questions but couldn't find the answer anywhere though I promise I have looked :pc:
  2. Hi FWA and welcome to RR.
    For stickies Ie Newbie ones click on the Forum rather than a post on the home page. Stickies wil be at the top of that Forums listings.
    PS Look harder. :thumright: :dwarf:
  3. :-D I had kinda assumed sticky's were single posts and not threads - get it now though. Thanks :thumright:

Still have to trawl through the whole thread to get to the really good bits though - but its all education. :salut:

I will try to look harder next time - musta been lookin like a bloke :toothy8:

Been on rear party a while but its mostly army and can't seem to get anywhere with RN related questions. So thought I'd come to the horses mouth.
  4. Ahhh, the penny drops for you then.
    I do find it amazing the number of people who because they served in the TA (Or even worse the RAF Reg) 10 years ago think they can rattle on about the RN/RM with the knowledge and witty turn of phrase that someone such as myself who was in the RM over 25 years ago....er thats all from me on that subject then. :w00t:
    As for acronyms they change every 5 minutes so don't get too fixated on them. :thumright:
  5. NZB- Any photos of you wearing your red jacket, three cornered hat and carrying your musket :thumright:

6. Bah young 'un, I'll take me Sergeants Pike to you if you keep that up!
  7. Hello and welcome
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ooh thanks, don't mind if I do.