What is an operational tour???

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by taylorb999, Aug 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With a similar theme to my last post, what is an operantional tour?
    I see some medics have been across on Herrick and there's an obvious one! I have some mates out in Afgan (TA) and their jobs are secure because legally they have to be kept secure.
    However, less obvious to me is whether as a member of the RNR i would be able to deploy for example East of Suez on what appears to be anti-pirate and anti-drug smuggling operations (Similar to what Cornwall, Cumberland and Portland have just done) without worrying about my job????
    Im pretty sure the fire service (my regular job) wouldnt release me for an ex like Taurus 09 but the above mentioned???
    Again all answers (sensible and childish) appreciated.
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Would the Union allow you to go?

Couldn't you go when next on strike? You could go in place of the Servicemen that have to do your job in the UK.
  3. all that protected job stuff changed sometime ago and its bollox all to do with the shit union.
  4. our job is full of ex regs u f*ckin hat cnut
  5. So you ask for all replies whether sensible or not and then you throw your toys out?

Good start.
  6. If you're compulsory mobilised then the protections of the act apply, you're employer can appeal, but if that is rejected they can't stop you going, and your job is protected.
  7. What a ****! You ask for childish and then you go off having some kind of fit.
  8. Not only can you be mobilised for operations such as the anti-piracy Op off Africa that you mention, you could also be mobilised to service here in the UK in support of Ops abroad. What you cannot be mobilised for under RFA96 is any operations in the UK for the protection of life or property unless there is a disaster or apprehended disaster. This mean reservists cannot be used for strike breaking in the UK.
  9. Yeah i asked for childish too!! and good on the fella for avin a pop! I responded to him and im sure he'll gimme some sh*t back.
    But havin a fit?? what u talkin 'bout fool? Did the sweary words scare u abit?
  10. cheers partimer. So i should be able to ask to be mobilised then and may stand a chance of gettin involved with the anti-piracy stuff?
    Thnx again
  11. You usually have some idea of what's coming up. Whether the RN chose to mobilise you or not depends on many factors. This can get very sensitive so I will PM you.
  12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Do you speak ingleesh as well?
  13. His terminology seems somewhat septic.

He also would appear to have an obsession with headgear.
  14. whey hey, Janner the lover of Dorset Submariners is back! Thats right you f*uckin told me!, with all the speakin English comment. I will sit back down again! The stage is yours. If youre extra funny this time ill let u f*ck me.

..........To the lads that PMed me. Genuinely big thanx, was some good stuff within and all questions answered. Cheers guys.
  15. Did you read my PM?
  16. Yeah just got the PM. Brief and to the point! Good drills :)
  17. Oh that made me laugh :lol: , calling someone a hat really is a stupid insult. You ain't an ex member of the bloody 'Airbourne Brotherhood' are you? :D
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'll have a word with my mates Pugwash and Sparrow, and make sure they're operating in your areas when you're on deployment, feckin' glory-hunting, medal-seeking wannabe... :roll:
  19. haha sgtpepper,..you pr*ck! So let me clarify!?? You find it strange that i want to train for a particular role and then put 'said' role into practice and therefore do my job???? Are u not a moderator? Should you not really switch on alittle more??? D*ck