What hideous evil threatened your existence?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Montigny-La-Palisse, Oct 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just been informed of the Pope lick monster. A weird goat demon thing that lives down by the train tracks in Kentucky.

This reminded me of Rumble Bogarty. A terrifying beast with a pigs head that would rape and kill you if you went up to the quarry at night. There was also the slitsmith. A thin old man with knives for arms that would slit your eyes and skin open if you went past his house after dark.

These are all pretty ****ing nasty bastards which lead me to believe that there are a whole bunch of these evil twats inhabiting the earth. Is it just me and my American mate or are there others who grew up with the constant threat of being torn asunder by such monsters?

Let's add then to the bestiary. (Saville, West, Hindley and similar jokes not accepted)
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  2. "Inky Poo" inhabited a large pit in some woods near where I lived as a nipper. We never ever ventured there alone, and if we ever went there as a gang, we were ok until someone mentioned the name. The we trampled over each other legging it out of the woods. Even today at 67, it is still not a comfortable walk in there for me.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I remember as a small boy being scared shitless by this gollywog.....in the dead of night I could see the whites of it's eyes homing in on me. I remember the acrid smell of aviation fuel and burnt oggies filling the air around me. My aversion to gollywogs is with me still, every time I see one my skin goes cold and I have this dread of foreboding, as if some impending evil is about to beset me.......I once bought a stuffed gollywog and stuck pins in it and chanted....chants....whilst burning incense in a vain hope that this fear would go away...but its still there.......is there anything you can suggest, Monty ?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. AAF

AAF Badgeman

The Big Bird.....lived at the top of our village street, so my elder brother told me. It would peck my eyes out and make a hole in my head with its claws. Being the youngest, I was always voluntered to go to the local for me mams Woodbines and would make a massive detour soze not to meet up with BB, even thought that a crow calling was in fact Big Bird waiting to pounce.
  5. Full immersion therapy. I'm going to have to bugger you.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Our's didn't have a name, but it was a well known fact that his field and associated woodland were covered in man/bear traps that would snap shut and chop your (pre-teen) leg off! It was a bit of a bugger when we were collecting the rose-hips for the school, as his field (outside only!) had great ones!
  7. Monty...I'm at my witsend.....you'd think an old seadog like me would be ageing gracefully by now, but I finks I've passed the point of no return. It once affected my breathing, on the way up from Pompey once I encountered several Gollies coming out of Mercury and the shock made me gasp. I had an oppo called Billy who offered useless advice.... no wonder he has trouble making friends.
    I once asked my granny for advice but, as a janner, I didn't understand a word. I remember one ship I was on when I had to make a dash from 2 deck and had to literally fly momentarily to get away from it's evil stare.
    All in all, I'm turning into a 'ell of a wreck.
  8. Hideous evil threatening my existence? two photos, one with, and one without make up..:rofl: mmg in make up.jpg mmg.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gwillim! he was an old boy who had a smallholding along a grass lane just outside our village. He went everywhere in an old tweed suit, great big leather boots and gaiters and he HATED kids. We were always told not to go near his place, 'cos if he caught us he'd throw us in his slurry pit and drown us in the cowshit. Sometimes we'd sneak up the lane towards his place and some knob would shout "Look Out there's Gwillim !" And we'd all leg it as fast as our spotty little legs would carry us. He was probably just a lonely old duffer really, he's been dead years, but even now I still look over my shoulder when I walk past his place.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. When I lived in Gloucester there was a couple who lived in a town house, used to dig going down the cellar with thick old Fred!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

11. You didn't read the last line of the first post, did you?

Or are you just a little rebel?
  12. It was Fred Jones all round good egg, hated lodgers!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  13. Not a specific monster although i always suspected them to be zombie like creatures. Not sure if anyone else remembers being the same but flushing the toilet chain i always thought would awaken and provoke them. The first sport i ever partook in was flushing the chain with one foot already out the door, legging it down the stairs til the really noisy chain flush kicked in, and washing hands in the safety of downstairs.

Oh just me then?
  14. In my pre-school days when my mum was working I would spend my day at my grandma's house.

In order to keep me from going upstairs and exploring and breaking things she told me there was a wolf in the loft and would definitely eat me if I ventured upstairs alone. I was terrified!

I'm sure the old witch traumatised me for years aftewards.
  15. Not just you. My sisters were aware of the 'Grunty monster' who lived in the shitter and would bite your arse off if you flushed the bog and were still sat on it. You need to name yours.

I've also just remembered 'Thong man'. He was an old homeless bloke who wore a leather thong and sandals and used to wander around town. Legend has it that he wore that thong as a punishment for touching kids. I think he was just an old loon. We weren't scared of him though, we just considered murdering him from time to time because we thought we'd probably get away with it.

I'm now going to bollock myself for going slightly off topic.
  16. Burlington Bogger, more than likely thats where the creatures would have risen from, shudder.
  17. Not so much of a monster however

Brought up in the sticks ... no street lights and nearest village 2.5 miles away which meant riding the trusty treader along a bumpy lanes up over the downs and throught the forest. No whizz bang fancy flashing LED lights on the bike ... just the good old Eveready things that didn't actually do much other than glimmer ...
    Anyway one night been over at my mates house coming up to halloween so we were sat round spinning ghost dits and at home time I got on the trusty treader heading for home in the dark. Half way back through the forest just off the road was this almighty scream and that was it ... the old Sturmley Archer 3 speed was glowing with the rate I went up that road! Stopped at the top of the hil ... and wondered why I was running away from a blood fox for!
  18. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

There was a mythical horror creature inhabiting Dead Wood when I was a lad though its name escapes me at present. There was also the alleged paedo, that I'm sure all neighborhoods had in those days, who lived round the corner. The poor chap was probably just a widower or divorcee or something.
  19. No, no, no! He was a predatory child rapist with goat legs and a lizard tongue.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. There was a period of time when the "3 Amigos" threatened my very sanity and existence, it was down to my faith that I was able to fend off these demonic attacks.
    • Like Like x 1