- Reduced level of literacy
- Increased hospital infection rates
- I'm sure that I can get something quantitative about defence spending
- Ditto regarding the incidence of teenage crime rates
- Cash-for-honours (where there's smoke)
- Rescinding on policy of having a referendum on the EU constitution/treaty
- Increasing overall tax burden on the taxpayer
- Flat lining the CGT and kill any enterprise spirit
- Screw up an income tax change, selling an overall increase in the income tax burden as a cut (especially for low earners)
- Not taking responsibility for the invasion of a sovereign country on the basis of lies and half-truths, then not owning up to it and claiming the "greater good" as the real reason with hindsight
- Letting the USA walk all over the UN and cause that organisation to be ridiculed
Do you mean this present government or a succession of them over the last umpteen years, way back in the 70's and 80's and probably since time immemorial.
Whatever anyone comes up with is going to be a long list. Personally I blame them because I missed my train this morning!
Hiring an army (literally) of outreachers, coordinators, tsars(?!), assorted nannies and other busybodies with no responsibility for delivery of service but all the power of state intrusion you'll ever need.
Given the cost of firing these folk, my grandchildren will be paying their pensions......