What happens?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by EyeEyeSailor, Jul 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering what happens when i take my psychometric test.
    Do i just sit down do the test, have a little chat with the AFCO and then go home.
    im guessing it will be a written test split into 4 sections(reasoning, verbal ability, numeracy and mechanical comprehension)
    Or what happens?

Im going for the smart casual look (smart jeans,v neck jumper)
    I would of worn trousers,shirt, etc.. but i havn't worn it for so long and ive outgrown it.(Thanks for the 3 days notice AFCO)

Thanks.

:)

2. I think you answered all of your own questions there really.

3. Just a thought but what if you wear tshirt flipflops and bright coloured shorts,this could give the impression that you are keen as mustard to get out to the Med,Middle/Far East,just a thought old chap 8)

4. When I did mine there were 12 people there.

We were called to the desk alphabetically, showed the letter, ID and educational certificates.
    once that was done we went to the examination room, had the test explained to us and got on with it. When the time limit for 1 section was up, we were stopped told to turn to the next section and it was explained.

The papers were collected, we were sent downstairs and then told to come back in 90 minutes after they'd been marked.

They CPO then called people in for a chat and gave us eye test forms and other bits and pieces. Off we went.

5. Get yourself down to Tesco's and buy yourself a cheap shirt & tie and a pair of cheap trousers. You can also buy yourself a cheap off the peg suit from any supermarket. Three days notice is plenty of time.

6. Firstly, take a look at this thread, pay special attention to the first post (Ninja's) and download the example test.

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=15723.html

After the test, the CA will mark all the candidates' papers and then talk to you about how you did and the different jobs open to you.

If your jeans and V-necked jumper are washed and pressed, that will be fine for this stage. You will want to go smarter for the actual interview, though.

7. Tescos is now closed, i got the letter friday afternoon, and had work all weekend. So... yea.

8. Ye, that was what i was going for, of course i would go to the interview in trouser,shirt, etc.

9. EyeEye

The jeans and jumper (clean and pressed) are OK. You would be better off revising for the test than going shopping.

10. Well, i would of sent my mum off shopping, but the shops are now closed, so revision it is. :p

11. Be sure to ask us if you have any questions before you go to the AFCO and let us know how you get on.

12. Well hopefully I pass, if not its either a resit in 12 months or.. well.. i havn't come to that bit yet.

13. That's a bummer, they never write and tell me when their closed 8O 8O :D

14. :oops: That what happens when i use bad grammer. :p

15. Just pulling your plonker mate, but on these forum's best to keep your wits about you or else some tw*t like me comes along and p*sses down your collar :wink: 8O :D :D

16. Im sure i could give you a run for your money. :p

17. I'll go on a run with anybody :wink: :D

18. You could go on a run with anybody, but i doubt you can keep up with anybody. :)

Anyway, on a more serious note, ive just taken a practise test using this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practice-Te...=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248020845&sr=1-8

I done the test using my stopwatch(9mins per sub section,16 for numeracy, and 10 for mechanical comprehension)

And i got 79%, which i think is not to bad.

Im now going to work on my mechanical comprehension, which i got the lowest score out of all the sub tests.(20/30)

So yea.. hoping i pass so i can become a ET(WE) Or ET(ME) :)

19. I think I should tell you that a "Run" is a run ashore(night out for you civvies)

20. Ye,i figured.

I was trying to say you was(are) a light weight. :roll: