what happens to the other half when the fiancé goes on training at HMS Raleigh

Discussion in 'RR Greatest Threads' started by stewkatt, Jul 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi,

i was wondering if anyone could tell me what happened to the other half when one of us is on training at HMS Raleigh. (apologies if not spelled correctly) we are engaged to be married but wanted to wait until he had fully finished his training and have a big wedding but the signed are all suggesting that unless we are married before he goes the other one isn't relevant.

whats the difference in the way the other half is dealt with if we were married or not? Fiancially and otherwise - such as housing, rent/mortgage payments etc.

anything Nyone could tell me would be appreciated.

:)

2. The usual drill is for the female to adopt a horizontal position and forget him in the arms of old school sweethearts.

The usual drill for the male is much the same, but involves a much more dramatic reduction in standards, and without needing to remember names.

• Like Like x 1
  3. however, I'm not a moron and neither is he- you seriously need to grow up- no wonder your talking about old school- you seem to be stuck there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thank you - for an actual reply. he starts in September 30th to be exact and I'm worried about the costs until he finished training? we have a flat, bills and council tax and he takes a good wack of a cut from his current wages whilst in training? does he get anything towards his rent back home etc??

5. You are moronic enough to permit anyone with the ability to use google to figure out the name of your man (Stewart) and your employment and education history. Spastic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. or you could have just figured that out by my name - genius

7. Have you been able to sit down and do the arithmetic between you, stewkatt, based on his net income while at HMS Raleigh? It might work out to be more manageable than you thought.

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

He needs to talk to his careers adviser pronto with regard his committed outgoings and receive qualified advice.

The net income is around £840 per month for the first six months and if outgoings exceed more than around 50% of your combined income, then it can affect suitability for service.

As indicated above, those eligible for SFA apply after training.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hi - well as we speak he is at prnc and I have only got the jist but my job Is only 4 days a week and he will be dropping around £400 a month and money is tight as it is?
    does he got nothing towards his living back home - for instance if things didn't work out if he lived alone he would have had to give up his flat etc ??

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Let's not have a bitch fight.

You dont get a palace and rent free accom just yet princess, there's a bit of a slog to go yet.

11. what is with you people on here- you have all got such an attitude problem. it's a forum for people looking for advice not abuse. grow up.

12. Calm down Stewkatt, those nasty people are pongo's and booties, we're not all bad. Any phots perchance?

• Like Like x 3
  13. well not as yet- I might just- so those who think my fiancé would up and leave might think again. such a joke. I work my backside off and am getting left behind so my fiancé can have his dream job and no one bothers to give us the info wee need so we come to this site to get some help and we just get abuse? eh?

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Pay & allowances are quite a complex issue and depend on factors such as marital status, dependant children, private rental/mortgaged accommodation, distance from base port etc., so it's really a good idea to arrange a visit to the AFCO together after PRNC, to make sure all angles are covered & hopefully to put your mind at rest.

• Like Like x 1
  15. What type of an organisation do you think he is joining. Why would the navy subsidise his rent back home. He will have a roof over his head and three square meals a day. If he is taking a substantial drop in salary he needs to work out if he can afford to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hi, it won't affect him- it's me that will be affected and no one seems to think the other half deserve to know anything. it's all fine for those going off getting training getting their meals and accommodation but what about those who are left behind keeping the home running whilst they are away - I think this is overlooked majorly

17. thanks- at least we have some mature people in here.

18. if you have nothing useful to say don't say anything atall

19. right ok- so we have established we can use Facebook on here. I only came on for some advice - not to be ambushed and not be spoken to like dirt- this is supposed to be the military- you no respect for anyone.