What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based

Jiflem

After phase 2 training is complete at HMS sultan what happens as I can find a lot of information on it, do you get leave, where do you go and are you based somewhere

Jiflem

Joining as an AET so I’ll probably be anywhere, it’s just good to know where you could be going I appreciate the answers mate cheers

Waspie

War Hero
Joining as an AET so I’ll probably be anywhere, it’s just good to know where you could be going I appreciate the answers mate cheers

I'd just polished my crystal ball and Presto!!! The answer appears. AET. Your initial post would have been a good place to mention this gem!!!!

AET, so it's either Culdrose or Yeovilton for you!

Taztiff

War Hero
I'd just polished my crystal ball and Presto!!! The answer appears. AET. Your initial post would have been a good place to mention this gem!!!!

AET, so it's either Culdrose or Yeovilton for you!
Be gentle, probably doesn't know AET = WAFU and ME <> WAFU (yet)

Taztiff

War Hero
I find it difficult as I started out life as a baby JNAM. That's baby AET in old money!!!!
I went to careers office at 15 saying I wanted to join as a NAM.
Talked me out of it, 'Do you want to push helicopters around a flight deck all day' he says. Next thing I know, I'm joining up as a tiff based on my non-existent GCE's

Waspie

War Hero
I went to careers office at 15 saying I wanted to join as a NAM.
Talked me out of it, 'Do you want to push helicopters around a flight deck all day' he says. Next thing I know, I'm joining up as a tiff based on my non-existent GCE's
It was common in the 60's and 70's.. Even after I joined, we NAM's were sent to Culdrose for firefighting. NAM's were always confused with Naval Airmen, (trained at Culdrose). Which are Aircraft Handlers NA's. They are the folk who get to push aircraft around as well as fight fires and air traffic control.

Latest Threads