What grips your sh*t............................

andym

War Hero
Im with you Nutty on so called "Country Persuits",even with a ban they still hunt!!!Wonder if they would like to be chased till they drop with exhaustion then get ripped ot shreds by a pack of Hounds?
 
andym said:
Im with you Nutty on so called "Country Persuits",even with a ban they still hunt!!!Wonder if they would like to be chased till they drop with exhaustion then get ripped ot shreds by a pack of Hounds?
What I always love is the way peers who are pro hunting used the slippery slope argument to oppose progress in other areas whilst ignoring the very real slippery slope argument that could be applied to their sport. In the Second World War Junkers Officers in Byelorussia released psychiatric patients from the hospitals and hunted them down on horseback, skewering them with their swords when caught! Remember these were NOT Nazis, but the German aristocracy!

Having said this I'm not opposed to shooting or snaring what you are going to eat yourself. Snaring only being used in a survival scenario, you understand.
 

andym

War Hero
I have no issue on shooting.i just object to people terrorising amimals in the name of sport or animal management.i have lived in the counrty most of my life and have only seen 1 live wild fox!If foxes are the scourge of the countryside as they would have us believe then why arent they rife?i dont see them huntin Urban Foxes!!I see Deer on a daily basis,cant see them being hunted,why not???
 
Deer Foxes Otters Osprey we have the lot up here, and its nice to see them unharmed, Tho the do gooders have started targetting anglers i now hear.
 
D

Deleted 7

Guest
What grips my sh*t..................

Peopl ewho don't have the farking balls to admit they made a mistake of the major kind at work and pin it on some one who ain't there.

Not only does this make a bad issue for all around but also shows that this person can not be trusted and shouldn't EVER be left alone, supervised 24/7!

This happened in my job and the sh*t hit the fan, only took a week for the culprit to be winged out in public, what made it worse is he never came clean, we hunted that prat down!
 
andym said:
I have no issue on shooting.i just object to people terrorising amimals in the name of sport or animal management.i have lived in the counrty most of my life and have only seen 1 live wild fox!If foxes are the scourge of the countryside as they would have us believe then why arent they rife?i dont see them huntin Urban Foxes!!I see Deer on a daily basis,cant see them being hunted,why not???


Well --I own a small farm in Scotland so just to put a few facts straight

Foxes----------in this part of the country are shot/trapped and gassed and also foxhunted within the new laws [the fox is shot before the hounds get to it basically and they also do a drag hunt without fox participation]
However with all the publicity the foxes still manage to kill lambs and domestic poultry etc etc. A fox kills in a frenzy --if it moves it dead --if they did just take a hen/duck/goose now and again --Ok its good for the numbers around here!! They don't though .Kill all and take one .

Deer in Scotland are classed as Vermin they eat crops/trees/plants etc etc. We don't 'hunt ' them

As for urban foxes-- well I suggest the urban dwellers lock up their dogs and pets at night --foxes don't take prisoners!!
 

andym

War Hero
My point is that the animals were here long before us "civilised" people,we have NO rights whatsoever to Kill them just because they dont conform to our lifestyle and way of thinking.Look at the ever growing list of endangered and exstinct species, all done by Man.
 
Andy it could go on and on ---the basic thing being Man is a hunter and also a crop grower --to feed his family and the population.

Fish have been netted to almost non existance , Whales etc are becoming few and far between .
So the food chain is mostly bred or cultivated by man or getting that way.

The native animals -wild ones - usually hunt and kill other wild species to survive however they themselves are becoming lazy ---why hunt and semi starve to exist when they can knock off a relatively easy caught meal within an enclosure.Or raid a few bins etc. Even Seagulls are moving to town these days!!

So us country dwellers reserve the right to protect our fur and feathered possessions --and that includes the trees and plants we grow.
 

dt018a9667

War Hero
Bloody mobile phones and their irresponsible owners, GAS the lot of them. And I am just starting. Oh how I am just enjoying being a grumpy old man. It’s great.
 
Andy, I have loads of foxes where I live (have 20 trees in back garden alone) and I live in the middle of a town! To be honest, although they are nice to look at, they can be a nuisance at times - usually at 0300 in the morning when their howls during scuffles sound like someone is screaming and being raped! I only discovered this wasn't the case after the local police told me so! :oops:

I have quite a few bats too - love em! If you want to take some of my foxes back home Andy, if you can catch them, you're very welcome. :)
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Be very wary of Urban Foxes, a great number carry mange which is highly infectious and causes a lot of discomfort and distress to family pets.

I love the do gooder that catch up the Urban Fox, who has spent his life hunting dustbins and dropped fast food. They then release them into the wild, quite often with no thought to the type of terrain they are letting them out in and expect them to survive.
 
andym said:
My point is that the animals were here long before us "civilised" people,we have NO rights whatsoever to Kill them just because they dont conform to our lifestyle and way of thinking.Look at the ever growing list of endangered and exstinct species, all done by Man.
Considering both man and the animals are descendants of the first life on the planet our claim to be here is as good as any one elses. All species have altered the 'balance of nature' depending on how well adapted they have been to the environment, mans great achievement is to have been the best at adapting and changing, thus our impact on the planet is naturally the greatest.

Yes man has helped quite of varieties of species to their end, including probably our cousin the neandertal. By the same token there are not a few species whose ability to survive defeats even man, look at the cockroach. Some species that have gone would have gone anaway, they were already on the way outwe just helped them.

I suspect the only way now to limit mans impact is to indulge in a mass cull of humans.

Peter
 
janner said:
Be very wary of Urban Foxes, a great number carry mange which is highly infectious and causes a lot of discomfort and distress to family pets.

I love the do gooder that catch up the Urban Fox, who has spent his life hunting dustbins and dropped fast food. They then release them into the wild, quite often with no thought to the type of terrain they are letting them out in and expect them to survive.
Janner, sssssshhhhh! I'm trying to dispose of them...
 
andym said:
Scribes,why do NN's grip your shit?
Don't get me wrong, as a bunch they're usually the most pleasant and unoffensive branch you could imagine, but someone really, really needs to explain to them that yes, they are actually in a military service and no, when you're told to do something it's not actually a request and compliance isn't actually negotiable.

It's a culture thing, when you spend 80% of your time employed by the NHS, it tends to rub off. Still grips my shit, though.
 
Maxi_77 said:
andym said:
My point is that the animals were here long before us "civilised" people,we have NO rights whatsoever to Kill them just because they dont conform to our lifestyle and way of thinking.Look at the ever growing list of endangered and exstinct species, all done by Man.
Considering both man and the animals are descendants of the first life on the planet our claim to be here is as good as any one elses.
Peter
Maxi; are you sure about that, didn't GOD make them all and then Noah saved them from the great flood. This descendents if the first life on earth bit is harking back to that reactionary Darwin and I thought all that tosh had been disproved by our American cousins.

Nutty
 

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
People who walk up to you and say "Cheer Up, it might never happen". Just because I don't have a stupid grin on my face 24/7 does not mean that I am upset or in a bad mood. On the other hand, people who have nothing better to do than to walk about saying stupid things like that are obviously under-employed and a waste of fresh air.

Oh yeah, and all that stuff Scribes said about UPO's.

Feeling slightly better now.

SF
 

andym

War Hero
Mc Donalds operatives that ask "Do you want Fries with that?" after you have given them your order,negative feckin fries!!!!
 

New Posts

Top