What' do you want to do differently in 2009?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by _Tim_, Jan 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly, happy new year to you all.

New year's even is always a bit of a downer for me. Why? I don't know. It just puts me in a foul, contemplative mood.

I've made some bad-very bad-decisions in the last year or two, but I'm hoping I can rectify them in 2009.

1) I'm going to go back to college in September and actually do my A levels. What's 2 years at college and 4 at uni, compared to the next 40+ that I'd be working?

2) I'm going to join the RNR.

3) I'm going to visit my family more often. I have half of my family in Slovenia, so as soon as I get my new passport I'm going to visit them.

4) I'm going to re-learn Slovene.

5) I'm going to find some mates that I'd be happy to call my friends. I've just fallen out with most of my old mates.

6) I'm going to waste less money.

That's pretty much it

How about you guys?
  2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

3. I can't study in Slovenia. Not until degree level anyway.

My dad will pay for me to visit my family in Slovenia, my gran has Parkinson's so I should really see her soon.

I'm not sure whether your responses were an attempt to get a "bite" or not...
  4. witsend

You know what, my response is I don't really give a F about your story. By all means catch daddys linear jet and see your gran, but set up an appointment and get your passport renewed, its not that hard. I was always under the impression that a new years resolution was stop smoking, drink less or lose weight. I never took it to mean, find some new friends at school, learn Slovene, join the RMR and go back to school because I now know I fecked up and my grades are crap. Happy new year.
  5. I don't have £75 for the passport.

I'm not joining the RMR. RNR, a little different?

My dad has a linear jet? And he didn't tell me? What a cunt.

There's a very simple way to deal with things you dislike: avoid them. Nobody forced you to read my thread, and nobody forced you to post in it. Why post if you're just going to be a fucktard about it?
  6. witsend

No 75 bucks, yet your father can afford to fund your travels. Yeah yeah yeah! I admire your Father not providing you with a flight until you buy a passport. Yeah yeah yeah.
  7. I don't live with my dad. My mum and dad got divorced when I was 3. Nearly 15 years ago. I don't go running to my parents when I want something, I save my wages. About 40% of which go to my mum for bills and such. The only reason my dad says he'll pay for my ticket to Slovenia- and I guarantee that it's true- is because my gran will give him the money.
  8. In the spirit of the original post...

1) I want to relocate to a bungalow
    2) Get paid double for doing half my current working hours (a consultancy/directorship perhaps?)
    3) Learn Yiddish
    4) Meet the matelot of my dreams
    5) Live happily ever after! :)

Nuuurse.... I think it's time for my medication.... I'm fantasizing again.... ;)
  9. I've been ill with the virus thingy all this year - no improvement on last year as yet ... :tp: