Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of Blaire

Passed-over_Loggie said:
...Sadly, I see little likelihood of improvement in Cameron who has just sacked one of the few in Parliament who does understand the Forces.

That maybe so, but one of the things you need to understand about politics is that had Cameron NOT sacked him, the political consequences to his credibility and to the credibility of the Tories as a modern party, would have lay in ruins. Mercer was an experienced politician and should have known better, especially as a senior Front Bencher. His fatal mistake was to appear to tolerate racial name calling rather than seek to challenge it. Many Conservative Association supporters fail to grasp this fact. If they want to be re-elected, they must grasp this fact.

Bergen

ADC
trehorn2 said:
When we went into Iraq I actually believed what the tosser said. i couldn't believe that the bloke could do such a thing without cast iron proof.

How wrong can a guy be?

Full marks for standing up and admitting that you were a believer.................

Wonder how many others would admit that they drank the kool-aid.

RM

dondon said:
The last 10 years have seen Social Engineering in this Country on a grand scale , the man is a cxxt full stop , :evil: totaly destroyed the morals & standards of this Country , sad or what , :cry:

His successor is quoted as stating about the 'New World Order' - when and where can I get my black uniform and jackboots ?
:neutral:

Always_a_Civvy said:
had Cameron NOT sacked him, the political consequences to his credibility and to the credibility of the Tories as a modern party, would have lay in ruins. Mercer was an experienced politician and should have known better, especially as a senior Front Bencher.

Let us be clear that the man had been asked to speak of his experience as a soldier. That is precisely what he did with total honesty and clarity. What an unforgivable trait in a politician!

I do not see any difference between being called a ginger bastard or a black bastard; either way you've no choice in it. We all know it's not nice to call people names, so why would he need to make that point? To be honest, in a Military environment, I wouldn't want him to. Sometimes people are "hurt" to extract that last ounce of motivation and determination. That extra bit of anger inspired adrenaline might be just what's needed to get the weakest bloke/blokess in the team through a tough task. Maybe we should spend more time and effort explaining that to civilians who've done nothing truly demanding in their soft bloody lives.

If the Conservatives find themselves unelectable then, I for one, would rather it be because they are realists who tell the truth and at whatever consequence, rather than be found as tree hugging fashion followers with no regard for the greater national good.

I dont think B.lair is a cnut, cnuts are useful.

I think B.lair is possably the worse thing that this country has even seen. He has decimated all the traditions that this country has built up over the last 1000 years, the privy council being the latest of a long line.

He has recklessly over committed the armed forces whilst reducing them.

He has encouraged immigration on an unsustanable level, however they will all vote labour, so it's seen as a benifit overall by the labour party.

he has introduced the human rights laws, which of what I can make out benifit the crimanal more than the victim...Oh and his lawyer wife.

He has overseen a huge amount of non - jobs within the civil service, who will all obviously vote Labour to keep their jobs.

He is the man that uttered the phrase when elected on an anti sleaze backlash on the tories "we must be whiter than white"....Yeah OK then, enough said.

He is not a cnut, he is a dispicable runt who has tried his damdest to introduce a socially engineered dictatorship, I hope he dies a long, painful, protracted death.

end of rant.

Passed-over_Loggie said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
had Cameron NOT sacked him, the political consequences to his credibility and to the credibility of the Tories as a modern party, would have lay in ruins. Mercer was an experienced politician and should have known better, especially as a senior Front Bencher.

Let us be clear that the man had been asked to speak of his experience as a soldier. That is precisely what he did with total honesty and clarity. What an unforgivable trait in a politician!

I do not see any difference between being called a ginger bastard or a black bastard; either way you've no choice in it. We all know it's not nice to call people names, so why would he need to make that point? To be honest, in a Military environment, I wouldn't want him to. Sometimes people are "hurt" to extract that last ounce of motivation and determination. That extra bit of anger inspired adrenaline might be just what's needed to get the weakest bloke/blokess in the team through a tough task. Maybe we should spend more time and effort explaining that to civilians who've done nothing truly demanding in their soft bloody lives.

If the Conservatives find themselves unelectable then, I for one, would rather it be because they are realists who tell the truth and at whatever consequence, rather than be found as tree hugging fashion followers with no regard for the greater national good.

I'm sorry POL he got the sack not for telling the truth or telling it like it is, he got the sack for walking straight into a trap laid for him by a journalist. You know what he really meant, I know what he really meant but Joe public doesn't. He was set up and fell for it the worst mistake any Polly can make and thus deserved tobe sacked.

morsehorse

Lantern Swinger
Bring back William Haigh.One of the best orators in the Commons!!
He certainly did give Labour a run for their money.
By the way anyone know why he was booted?
MH

He's a mirror image of Bush, a christian fundamentalist who believes God talks to him. And to think I once celebrated his initial election victory. The triumph of hope over experience is the best I can say :cry:

ukdaytona

War Hero
HarryBosch said:
He's a mirror image of Bush, a christian fundamentalist who believes God talks to him. And to think I once celebrated his initial election victory. The triumph of hope over experience is the best I can say :cry:

But God does talk to Bliar - he calls him most days but his friends call him George :wink:

nutty_bag

War Hero
HarryBosch said:

Hindsight is 20/20 harry mate. I never voted for him and his croanies as i've seen them up close and on a pesonal level. They ARE all the same, totally self-interested oppo.

NB

ukdaytona

War Hero
Isnt it about time we had a party that actually used Common Sense approach. Scrap PC/liberla tree hugging anti this and anti that crap.

Lets take an approach where THIS country actually comes first, stop all aid going overseas for at least 12 months, then use that money to get the NHS & Education back tp where it should be.

Raise basic rate of tax to 25p BUT raise the threshold to £15,000 so that ALL low paid workers are taken out of the tax bracket.

Invest more funds in Policing and Security, bring the Armed Forces back up to strength.

When Government Contracts are drawn up, lets have clauses that actually PUNISH companies who do not deliver on time and on budget.

Hows that for starters ???

morsehorse said:
Bring back William Haigh.One of the best orators in the Commons!!
He certainly did give Labour a run for their money.
By the way anyone know why he was booted?
MH

'All hail to the Mekon, Mr Haigh' Yes he seems a decent, honest bloke.
The luvvies/lefties at the BBC always bring up his speech to the Conservative party when he was leader of the young Conservatives.
I have never voted for B Liar, I am of an age (I hope) that has always though of him as a snake oil salesman, smarmy & insincere. Look at his wife for instance, just shows his judgement in picking his confidants.

The_Wonderer

War Hero
Hi (could'nt resist "gegging in" on this)
I think he's a "cnut" too. Like most politicians.
They're only concerned with financial gain first and foremost, and "ball's to everything else.
(B-Liar) is spot on!

Redsailor

Lantern Swinger
Phony Tony and his cabinet of limp wristed, slack jawed faggots are beneath contempt. He in particular is lower than a snakes arse and that's on the ground. As already pointed out in this thread he has dangerously overstretched the British armed forces to breaking point and continues to implement cut-backs at every given opportunity.

Both he and his fugly missus Cherie Bananagob are the original ban-the-bomb merchants who along with that other leg iron Jack Straw marched to get rid of our nuclear capability in the 70's. Nowadays he has the gall and temerity to adopt this gung ho persona and deploy our forces all over the place at each of George Dubya's whims. All this from a cnut whose Cubs outfit was the only uniform he has ever had on his back.

The sooner the useless wanker is gone and Cherie gets her long awaited gob transplant the better for all hands I reckon. Then we all get to cut the cards for either of those two other dickheads Ming or Cameron. Talk about no-chance or a dogs chance. Where have all the pukka politicians gone? Beats the hell out of me.

Bottom Gun

Passed-over_Loggie said:
Always_a_Civvy said:

His failing was not telling it as it was, but rather failing to understand how his words would be used. That is a completely unforgivable mistake in politics.

ukdaytona said:
When Government Contracts are drawn up, lets have clauses that actually PUNISH companies who do not deliver on time and on budget.

A contact is a two sided thing, and to be quite blunt if the government tried to do as you say it would cost them a fortune, as they make many of the mistakes that cost time and money on contracts. Why do you think so much of the criticism made by the public accounts committee is directed at the government.