what do you really hate to hear people say?

for me it is people who start a sentence with 'don't take this the wrong way but...' or 'i don't mean to be funny but...'
why can't they just say 'i am about to make a really offensive comment, sorry.'...................

PINCH

War Hero
Basically......
At the End of the day...
Like....
init.....
You don't say.......
The thingy....................

Just old I expect, but these do get up my goat

I hate to hear people say "I didn't do nothing (usually nuffink), which means that you must have done something!!!!
Also getting was and were mixed up, i.e. "What bar was you in" when it should be "What bar were you in"........ that really grips my sh1t!

Rant over.... :thumright:

garyM

Banned
brazenhussy said:
for me it is people who start a sentence with 'don't take this the wrong way but...' or 'i don't mean to be funny but...'
why can't they just say 'i am about to make a really offensive comment, sorry.'...................
*You play ball with me and I'll scratch yours"

When I'm obviously going somewhere, and someone says "Have you got five minutes?". Yes, pick a slot next bl--dy week! If I had 5 minutes to spare, I'd have left 5 minutes later! :shakefist:

Or when I hear "Are you doing anything important at the moment?". Do you really think I'm going to say no? :pissedoff:

Or if someone 'phones me up and says "I've just sent you an e-mail . . . ." :cussing:

slim

War Hero
OK stand by for a list:

1. Whatever
2. He gave 120% (obviously failed maths)
3. Absolutely
4. Tell me about it

slim

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
Only two things I hate:

a. Xenophobics.
b. Americans.

:twisted:

SgtP
I was almost certain that your pet hate were the words

NOT GUILTY following the question "How do you plead?" :thumright:

D

Deleted 7

'My mate Dave....................'

'Cnut'

Up chuckers to anyone who says both of those but could be good together in the same sentence!

Latest Threads