What do you drive?

Don't buy french crap!!!
I have a variety of French cars over the years and have had no real problems.

What I do not like about their people carriers is they do not have fold flat systems with the rear seats, it’s a pain having to take them out when you want to use as a van? They tend to be kin heavy seats.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
JFH I've got a 3008, had it for about a year now and it was a year old when I bought it.. It does everything I want it to do, almost drives itself and has plenty of room. Its turning in about 40 to the gallon but I'm sure that without my fairly heavy right foot it could do better.

I test drove the 3008 and the 5008, for my knackered back and knees I found the floor plate to be a bit high and the front door rake angle a bit tight, but as you are a youngster who goes out jogging you will have no problems, once in both cars drove well.
For me the Galaxy has big square ish doors low to the ground so easy to get in and out.
I test drove some of the other fords, which were originally designed as vans, they still felt like and drove like vans.
The Citroën Grand C4 Picasso, nice car drove well, well specked with gadgets but the leather bits on the seat was digging into my Ham strings so got rid.

Went into the Peugeot showroom on Sunday (the company I work for, motor arm) and enquired about the 3008 I was interested in (used car not new). Was told I would get a good staff discount, discussed the price and they offered me a load of extras, breakdown cover, extended warranty etc however the bottom line price added the discount to all the extras and not the car price, simply said "No thanks and walked away", grovelling email (reply to my rant last night when I got home) saying he will see the sales director this morning to discuss the price I want to pay as long as we can get the sale done by Friday (end of month stats). Awaiting reply....

JFH obviously the sales bod does not have enough authority to give you a proper discount, always go to the top seems to have worked well for the misses and I over the years.
Go for the jugular you have nothing to lose, they have an end of month sale to lose?

Got a result on the 3008, the wife got on the phone and after putting on the charm managed to get it to near what we wanted to pay (£80 more). So should pick it up either Thursday or Friday. I'm keeping the tyre compressor and can of tyre gunk out of the civic (didn't see one in the 3008).

Got a result on the 3008, the wife got on the phone and after putting on the charm managed to get it to near what we wanted to pay (£80 more). So should pick it up either Thursday or Friday. I'm keeping the tyre compressor and can of tyre gunk out of the civic (didn't see one in the 3008).
Good result, not many cars carry spares these days.
Now does the wife like the colour?

Found a stowage space under my back seats I did not know I had, only had it 18 months?

Good result, not many cars carry spares these days.
Now does the wife like the colour?

Found a stowage space under my back seats I did not know I had, only had it 18 months?
Its Silver, its the colour our last 3 or 4 cars have been.

Haven't mentioned the dodgy Air Con, Windscreen Wiper, near side wing mirror neatly patched with black tape (proud of that job) or Number plate bulb on the Civic shhhh :) to be honest they never noticed or asked.

Just to add my four pen'orth reference foreign cars.

I had a Peugeot 107 from new under the 'Just add Fuel ' scheme until November last year, did 33K over the 3 year time span averaging around 55 mpg mixed driving, and could not fault it whatsoever EXCEPT in the last few months it developed a leaky boot which I understand is a common fault with the car - crappy rubber seals around one of the tail lights I understand.

Anyway back she went to the local dealers & they tried to fix it ( give them their due) but to no avail!

However the 3 years were up in November 2015, so I handed her back & bought instead a Skoda Yeti....happy man at minute with this too.

Edit - Was a 107 NOT a 108 ....

Last edited:
What I do not like about their people carriers is they do not have fold flat systems with the rear seats, it’s a pain having to take them out when you want to use as a van? They tend to be kin heavy seats.
Agree, but with caveats;

My 2000 Mazda MPV, 2nd row seat removal not too bad, but getting heavy. 05 Nissan Quest, almost neutered myself lifting one of those. Folds flat-ish by leaning forward.
The full fold flat experience of the Grand caravan / Chrysler and the other GM one with the flex7 or whatever it was called. Although it yields a flat load floor, its still higher with less headroom. Can feel a bit weird cornering and getting a leg over (the 2nd row seat). Still quicker than unbolting the seats in a freight sherpa or transit, mind.
The new baby transit is easier all round, but like the old MPV is a tidge smaller than a "proper" minivan. Best of the DCT boxes Ive encountered too.

Car No. 1 (still paying for this one)

Car No. 2 (paid for by me - in cash)

The Focus has been claimed by WolfPackLeader (it's an automatic version). In January 2017,
she's decided to trade it in for:-

(If this actually happens, I'll let you know)

B.N.M.

Latest Threads