What do you drive?

Well, this Focus is the first spanking new motor I have ever had in my entire life of living.
I'm potless now and will probably die in debt but bugger that and anyway, it now means
that the clan can no longer ask me to shift all their shit, bricks, rubble, bags of garden crap,
old fences or recently deceased family members. Those days are l-o-n-g gone.

Always used to pick up cheap cars flog them to death then scrap them, then start again. Had to be able to fix any snag an do regular maintenance, now on to my 3rd new car and letting the garage do the work, having a car that starts every time is a novelty my wife still likes, I had to change as she is just not up to pushing me to get a car started anymore?
my current motor, Ford Galaxy on a 64 plate
upload_2015-12-4_8-32-48.jpeg

That's the way to do it, buy a new car or ex demo, can't go wrong. Bought our Skoda Superb (ex demo) 11 years ago, trouble free motoring. Had a new battery and alternator last January,nothing till then. Still got the old girl it's my go to work motor now, I'll run her till she dies. Wife bought an ex demo Skoda Rapid 18 months ago great car, no probs so far. We have got a 'banger', that MGF I bought a few months back, that's been trouble free so far but we only use it weekends. Great fun,cheap as chips, (£700) goes like shit and corners like a skateboard!

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm happily trundling round in a surprisingly tidy and intact 1995 300tdi Discovery these days. Picked it up via eBay a couple of months back with 173k on the clock. The body will give up before the engine does.

I'm happily trundling round in a surprisingly tidy and intact 1995 300tdi Discovery these days. Picked it up via eBay a couple of months back with 173k on the clock. The body will give up before the engine does.
Great engines TDi's go forever.My second son has 'inheritied' my old 1993 Landrover Defender 90 200TDi 243,000 on the clock, used every day, reliable as they come. Discovery Tdi's are cheap to buy, just watch out for rust in the boot floor and 'A' posts. They are just a Defender with a three piece suite chucked in them really!

Same as me my body is falling to bits but the tickers ok?

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
He's had some welding in the usual places over the year, I read up on the MOT history before going to see/buy to put mind at rest, but he's been well looked after. One day I'll refit his headlight surround properly...

This is "The General". It does 0-30 in about 45 minutes. The passenger seat is haunted by an old woman
called Florence and the engine comes out of a stolen Plymouth City Council ride on lawn mower.
It's a real head turner when I'm cruising on the Hoe, especially when it gets stuck on the speed
bumps. The in car entertainment system is being upgraded shortly, so in the meantime - I've stuck
a record player to the dashboard with maskers. The car has low profile tires (on the other side) and
was hand painted by me using Johnstones exterior masonry paint, with exception of the door, because
I ran out of paint.

No, seriously. I drive this.
A Morgan Throbber Mk II.
A great looking roadster with excellent specifications. Only niggle is it won't fit in the
integral garage when it's got a hard on.

This is "The General". It does 0-30 in about 45 minutes. The passenger seat is haunted by an old woman
called Florence and the engine comes out of a stolen Plymouth City Council ride on lawn mower.
It's a real head turner when I'm cruising on the Hoe, especially when it gets stuck on the speed
bumps. The in car entertainment system is being upgraded shortly, so in the meantime - I've stuck
a record player to the dashboard with maskers. The car has low profile tires (on the other side) and
was hand painted by me using Johnstones exterior masonry paint, with exception of the door, because
I ran out of paint.

Billy now I know you are taking the piss, there are no low profiles on the other side it's on blocks waiting for you to get hold of some wheels?

I drove 300 miles, 6 hours, Guzz area to Lancashire today.
The air conditioning went T/U at the outset :mad:
The best bit was being stuck on the M6 following an accident - at least I could wind the windows down without being strangled by the seatbelt's reaction to airflow.
35 degC - lovely :(

Drove to and from work a few times today, then to the gym to night for aqua fit, my air con works fine after about 10mins cool down period?

Looks like my 07 Plate Civic will be gone in the next week or so, Air Con hasn't worked properly since I've had it and a trip to Europe in August maybe a bit too much sitting in a hot car with Mrs JFH and the binlids. Works for about 10 mins and then cuts out, new relay, re-gas...no change :(

Looking at something a bit bigger Peugeot 3008, the binlids are growing so need the space. Also the aerospace company I work for owns 100's of car franchises round the country and I should get a good staff deal.

Latest Threads