what do you do.............

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Jinx, May 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When you haven't hung up properly and call your mother-in-law a spiteful vindictive old bint!!!

You then realise phone is ACTUALLY still connected and she has heard every word and is now screaming down the phone while you're on the hands free!!!

2. Hahaha!!! Pretend you were talking about someone on the telly???
  3. Oops start digging that hole .
  4. what do you do............. Emigrate
  5. quickly tell her you were overcome with road rage because of a slow woman driver in front (if you are driving of course) she's bound to believe you. other wise hope a big hole suddenly swallows you up!!
  6. make sure she heard me correctly the first time :D
  7. firstly say sorry to the missus... and that you did not mean to talk about her mother like that,

THEN tell the spitefull old bint that if the truth hurts she should stop phoning !!!!!!!!!!

GO ON I DARE YOU!!!!!
  8. Agreed. If some old trout is screaming down the phone, just goes to prove your point. She is what you say she is. What is she going to do about it ? Take responsibility for her attitude and manner or fcuk off and live it out on someone elses head.

Hopefully your wife is not the sort to phone her mother every day, believes in her every word etc ( in which case you have a sizeable problem on your hands of a woman who's never grown up). Stand your ground and ride the storm. It can't possibly get much worse than it already is.Unless she comes to live with you.Then I'd strongly advocate converting the garden shed and moving into it as a batchelor's pad.

You married her daughter, gives her no rights whatsoever.

Good luck.
  9. Change your number to stop her calling,if that fails move away.
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

a. Tell her you're off to do a 'Top Secret' underwater shooting course, and you'll call her to apologise when you get home...

b. ...then never call her again! :wink:
  11. Shout out in the same voice...

Well that's the landlady gone. Now who was I talking to on the phone?

Pick it up, and say, in a bright, non-challant breezy manner:

Hi, sorry about that. You were saying?
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

a. Deny everything.
    b. Accuse her of fabricating the whole thing, in a feeble attempt to drive a wedge between you and your Missus.
    c. As a result, convince your Missus and family that M-I-L is losing the plot.
    d. Have M-I-L committed.
    e. Sell her house.
    f. Liquidate her assets...

13. Thanks for all your "advice"!!!!!!!

One small thing I need to clarify though--- I am a Female!!!!!

I have a husband---- NOT a missus!!!
  14. Now that puts a different spin on things...

It's just such a blokey thing to do :D

I say congratulations 'cause now she knows how you feel and won't invite herself to dinner...everyone's a winner!
  15. Lol. That makes it even funnier for some reason!

Cat Fight!!! :rambo: :threaten:

16. female eh! Jinx easy then;

Send flowers with note

"sorry wrong time of the month"

Done, easy

17. brilliant idea- thanks!!!!!
    Now do Interflora deliver Deadly Nightshade or Poison Ivy??!!!!!!
  18. There used to be a flower that looks absolutely wonderful but has a ditinct odour of cats piss! Mind that could always be because the significant half had brought some in from the garden and the cat had wizzed on them first!
  19. Better this way round....unlikely hubbie will want to get inbetween you both, as a daughter/wife might feel......

Deal with her one-to-one ( with witnesses around or a tape-recorder-seriously) and stand your ground. What you said is simply what you experience and that's her responsibility ....If she is an old bitch, you ain't gonna be able to change her, but you can sure as hell contain her.If family politics allow, don't have her round, don't do anything for her and keep her at arms length,she's the one who's old or getting that way....probably most likely she will need you before you need her...?

Some women can't let go of their sons, ( I am thinking of one of my own rellies here), some are just mithering old tits with nowt better to do.
    It might be a good thing to simply ask her what her real problem is, that she has to make other people's lives such a misery......because if it's loneliness or frustration, she ain't making 'getting invited along to the party' in a good way.
    You don't owe her a damned thing. People get what they deserve in my estimation, from my own mother down.None of this 'family duty' bollocks.....it is often a one-sided concept and you put yourself in a position to be abused or face a life of servitude.

Are you're the first person to say 'no' to her ? Sounds so with such a strong reaction.In which case, congratulations and bloody well done. :thumright:
  20. Slip her "a fatty" all will be forgiven. :thumright:

Sweet dreams