What do you do with the drunken sailor?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Was that Levers leading the crack assault team on the dawn raid? Plus if it had been wafu’s there would have been a Thomas the Tank Engine or Pokemon duvet. Definitely stokers.
Now I thought about writing something similar, but as sitting on the naughty step for so long gave me piles, I decided to keep quiet!

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
No problem Witsend was bezzie oppos with me man.
Et Tu Brute;)
You’re a strange character slim. The threads you have started since your glorious return to RR are proof to that. My particular favourite is ‘A Tale of Two Titties!’.

Stan the man is turning in his fucking grave.......!

Sumo

War Hero
HMS Cambridge, we were moved to crap accommodation for a few months, clean up mess and pay any repairs. I managed to escape most of the shit as I was of to represent RN at sport, with 3 months training prior to event, most of crap had been forgotten by the time I got back :) days of the OD.

slim

War Hero
You’re a strange character slim. The threads you have started since your glorious return to RR are proof to that. My particular favourite is ‘A Tale of Two Titties!’.

Stan the man is turning in his ******* grave.......!
Ta very muchly! Thats the nicest thing you have ever said to me :cool:

I was talking to an old and bold CPO at a function in a well-known Gosport training establishment a while back and he was almost in tears about the lack of supervision in the JRs’ accommodation these days. The block offices have been civilianised (so no one in authority) and no evening rounds are conducted, just a monthly walk-round with no action taken to address any of the pick-up points such as unlicensed TVs, gash left lying around including partially-filled fast food containers, vandalised fittings and furnishings, unmade beds, etc. The contract cleaners are only able to do so much.

Sumo

War Hero
I was talking to an old and bold CPO at a function in a well-known Gosport training establishment a while back and he was almost in tears about the lack of supervision in the JRs’ accommodation these days. The block offices have been civilianised (so no one in authority) and no evening rounds are conducted, just a monthly walk-round with no action taken to address any of the pick-up points such as unlicensed TVs, gash left lying around including partially-filled fast food containers, vandalised fittings and furnishings, unmade beds, etc. The contract cleaners are only able to do so much.
sounds like the RN's council estate

The contract cleaners in Nelson empty the bins every other day and a quick wipe down of the ensuite. They hover and mop the corridors and that’s it. I lived in Nelson for 6 month and had my door knocked on 2 times in that period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Ok, let's play the Devil's Advocate here. This could be seen as treating our sailors as adults and expecting them to act as adults. If they fall down then they should be made to pay for damages and cleaning, just in the same way as MQs are dealt with. If things get too bad and neighbours are complaining then pull up the offenders in exactly the same way, charging them for any additional costs.

If some can't live and act like reasonable adults then separate accomodation, which is highly supervised, is set aside for these characters. Teach them that if they live like grots they will be treated like grots. If their personal admin is that bad then show them the door.

Devil's advocate mode off!

Sumo

War Hero
Ok, let's play the Devil's Advocate here. This could be seen as treating our sailors as adults and expecting them to act as adults. If they fall down then they should be made to pay for damages and cleaning, just in the same way as MQs are dealt with. If things get too bad and neighbours are complaining then pull up the offenders in exactly the same way, charging them for any additional costs.

If some can't live and act like reasonable adults then separate accomodation, which is highly supervised, is set aside for these characters. Teach them that if they live like grots they will be treated like grots. If their personal admin is that bad then show them the door.

OD jack and Adult in the same sentence? Nope not going to work.

I suspect the MOD Guard Service has other duties and there aren’t enough other uniformed personnel to provide oversight since most billets (including training staff) have been civilianised.