What do you always take to sea?

Skylarker

Lantern Swinger
JUst out of curiosity more than anything, what are somethings you find makes your life easier, more comfortable or just items you like to take with you when you go to sea?

Random

Lantern Swinger
A large mug, a french press.and something decent to go in them.

Ships tea and coffee meets the minimum standard (hot, wet, caffeinated), but I prefer to drink hot beverages which don't want to make my stomach and taste buds join together in a suicide pact :)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
If only - 3 months on a bomber would do all of us ashore a lot of good and wee crankie might experience some attitude adjustment, but I won't hold my breath. ;)
No! Not a Sumo-esque mis-spell! I actually meant 'Stugeron'!

It is prescribed for nausea and vomiting due to motion sickness or other sources such as chemotherapy, vertigo, or Ménière's disease. Cinnarizine was first synthesized as R1575 by Janssen Pharmaceutica in 1955. Wikipedia
CAS ID: 298-57-7
Trade name: Stugeron,

Back in the day I had an ancient Phillips cassette player and headphones....and a pile of music cassettes....good stuff like Led Zeppelin, Yes, Moody Blues, Barclay James Harvest, Uriah Heep et Al.....kept me sane off watch at sea....Today's equivalent would be mp3 player/phone chocked with good tunes and Bluetooth bud/headphones.

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
If only - 3 months on a bomber would do all of us ashore a lot of good and wee crankie might experience some attitude adjustment, but I won't hold my breath. ;)
Setting aside the effect on the poor bomber crew concerned - boys and girls both....:eek: - just think of the delicious irony of the wee Nippy Sweetie having to be On Crew in a nuclear armed, nuclear powered submarine running out of her favourite home port. Presumably they would have to be extra VIGILANT and it would mean VENGEANCE for her!:p

Jack

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Setting aside the effect on the poor bomber crew concerned - boys and girls both....:eek: - just think of the delicious irony of the wee Nippy Sweetie having to be On Crew in a nuclear armed, nuclear powered submarine running out of her favourite home port. Presumably they would have to be extra VIGILANT and it would mean VENGEANCE for her!:p

Jack
Ah, sweet REVENGE from the RENOWNed lads at Faslane and not REPULSEd by any forthcoming RESOLUTION from Wee Krankies lot!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I used to take tapes, later on CDs (not clearance divers!!) and books, just wish we'd had Kindles back in the day.

After I joined boats I always took a pillow case with me (and an extra sock ;) ).