What do we think to this?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by REDMIST, Jul 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Can't one of you Royals post a phot of that old T-shirt, about God being Airborne because he failed the commando course? Used to see them on the train all the time, not seen one for years now.

2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blackrat

I've actually got that t shirt.

4. tiddlyoggy

What regt. are you BR?

5. Fruit and Reg.;-P

6. TBH some of it amuses me, but mostly it saddens me to see good men lowering themselves to the level of the GYMPS that created that page:dontknow:

7. Blackrat

I was Royal Signals as a regular and am now badged Life Guards (ACF). A mucker of mine presented me with the t shirt (it's an original maroon one with the Parachute Regiment cap badge on the front with the Royal Marine one on the back). He was 3 Commando. I don't know if you you know, but the R Sigs are the only Army Regiment that have it's own Airborne, Commando & SAS Squadrons.

8. tiddlyoggy

No, I didn't know that, even coming from an army family!
    I was curious as to why you would own the t-shirt in question, makes sense now.

9. Good cast sir.

10. If you'd served in all 3 squadrons, what colour would the beret be or would it be like having a slice of battenberg on your napper?

11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

You didn't answer me last time, which beach do you work at?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blackrat

Clacton. Only on a Sunday though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Paratroopers..... Small man syndrone.

It'd be a different world if the crabs built aircraft normal size soldiers could jumped out off.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blackrat

The cake beret has a ring to it. Basically, if you passed the AACC, you would wear the green lid. To serve in the commando brigade you would have to pass the course (well you did back in the day). To serve with (as was) 5 Airborne Brigade, passing P company was not a pre requisite as you could wear a Maroon lid, but this caused a massive stir. To get round this, at 216 Parachute Signal Sqn, only those who passed P Coy could wear a leather banded beret. Just in case they got confused with the fat burger munchers. 264 (SAS) Sqn did a selection course and on passing were awarded the sandy lid. Once you had finished serving with one of the above and got posted to a normal Sigs unit, you would have to revert to wearing the normal coloured beret. One of my old troop staffies had served with all three and had the wings and dagger. He was a legend that hated bullshit and was loved by the troops. He was the only person i know to have done so, although i'm sure there have been others.

15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

So, are the sigs SAS the ones you see strutting their stuff complete with 1000 yard stare and sandy coloured beret tucked into their pockets with enough hanging out for everyone to see but not quite enough to reveal the capbadge?... :)

16. I can remember being on a run ashore somewhere when a few members of the Para's tipped up and someone said "There are two things that fall out of the sky ... bird sh1t and idiots" .... and thats when the fight started!

Its also interesting that Jananese Tourists visiting Horse Guards Parade in London can't pronounce "Life Guard" ... it comes out as Leafy Goo ard! Funny they can say Blues and Royals tho????? :biggrin:

17. STAND DOWN, The pricks have taken the site down, job done, winner........