What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar?

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Navaleye, Feb 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We've heard what the crabs have to say and and here's some light reading on it.

Is it the right decision for the Navy? Have your say.

Well done to the Rum Ration team for getting this started. 8)

2. Re: What do the Navy team thing about the demise of the Shar

Is there a forum you're not going to infest with this?

3. Re: What do the Navy team thing about the demise of the Shar

Navaleye, Sorry but please, please, please don't let us go through all the waffle, useless recrimination & backbiting that's already been done to death over 74 pages on pprune over this topic.
    SHAR is no more. Whatever the pros or cons over it (& god knows I think it was a shortsighted & stupid decision), I don't want to see webf's thousands of posts again.

4. Re: What do the Navy team thing about the demise of the Shar

Be satisfied with the umpteen pages of backstabbing and divisive blather on the other means.

There are other links on PPrune which are of much more interest , and I will find and post them if you spam this board with your pet topic.

5. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. There are many who take a different one, and many who don't subscribe to PPruNe and I cannot think of a more appropriate place to debate it. So, request denied.

6. Re: What do the Navy team thing about the demise of the Shar

Ok let me put it another way. You post that link , and already another poster is asking that you don't , as it is tedious. I asked you not to post this on Arrse, but you still snuck it in to Aviation.

It creates backbiting and bad feeling, and has been done to absolute death on the other means. Just because this is your pet topic, does not mean we all want to be bludgeoned to death with it.

Leave it alone.

7. Re: What do the Navy team thing about the demise of the Shar

To answer the actual question, I think it is a huge shame about the SHAR force but a good reflection of our Armed Forces today - reduction and jointery....apparently it's the way ahead.
    PS: I KNOW it's been mentionned before but Thalis mentionned this week that Ministers had questionned whether it would be possible to grapple back our SHARs!! Dream on!
    PSS: Great website - and the name? Nice one bruver!

8. Re: What do the Navy team thing about the demise of the Shar

Yer yer - no spell check! New to this game!

9. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

Not me! I've only made 8 posts on ARRSE and have not mentioned the Shar so much as once and certainly never started a thread. I think you are confusing me with someone else.

10. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

The demise of the SHAR is long over due. Its about time we got rid of the crock of pooh it has become. During the 80's the SHAR had its place but since then it has become a complete hinderance and an utter waste of money.

11. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

Navaleye, where as this maybe an interest to you, it may not be for others.

Please think about what you are going to post and whether or not it will be offensive to others. On that note, check your pm's.

Cheers

:wink:

12. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

No, you have the right to express an opinion but if that opinion can be shown as incorrect then you have the responsibility to wind your neck in. In this instance PTP's opinion is a) valid and b) supported by many on this site.

It is far too new a means for any of us to pretend to be innocent bystanders whilst those who may have a vested malicious interest fill it with spite and bile. Or indeed in noting slightly odd posts from those who may not be malicious, but the benefit of the doubt disappears fast in forums like this so I think we would all be grateful if you would display restraint as you have been most politely asked to do.

13. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

I can honestly say that as i worked on 800NAS for over 4 years and saw the end of the mighty SHAR, I have now moved on to the GR7 and yes it has its failings and some things are not quite as good as the mighty shar but we all move on and I think you should too.

Like previous people have said their are costs to be cut and guidelines to be met and paying for the shar and its limited capability is just a waste of money. And if we can make some savings and use that cash eleswhere then surely this is a good thing

The GR7 can do the same as the SHAR it just does it better and with more stores on board!

Blimey listen to me go on and I am Navy thru and thru!! But here i am singing the praises of the RAF!!

14. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

Scrap the bloody lot and bring back the Swordfish!The enemy would be too busy laughing to lock on!LOL!

15. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

Why not merge all 'Demise of the SHAR' threads on all 3 sites and make up a new site called 'PPRUNE RUM ARRSE RATION' ??????
    Makes sense to me and at least we can lose this firkin subject !!!!!!! :idea:

16. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

Or we could just chop this thread, and the other one infesting Arrse?

17. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

Best idea so far :eek:

18. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

"I can honestly say that as i worked on 800NAS for over 4 years and saw the end of the mighty SHAR, I have now moved on to the GR7 and yes it has its failings and some things are not quite as good as the mighty shar but we all move on and I think you should too.

Like previous people have said their are costs to be cut and guidelines to be met and paying for the shar and its limited capability is just a waste of money. And if we can make some savings and use that cash eleswhere then surely this is a good thing

The GR7 can do the same as the SHAR it just does it better and with more stores on board!"

Well said FlyNavy!

I lament the passing of the SHar as much (if not more) than Navaleye. Heck! I even wrote to Buff about it in 2002, and successfully got a letter published in AFM. But it's now time to give it up. And from what i've seen of this thread i'm glad the Guy's and Gal's in WAFU-land think the same way.

"Blimey listen to me go on and I am Navy thru and thru!! But here i am singing the praises of the RAF!!"

... I just hope you dont end up in a Light blue suit - Totally shit for trapping in. BTW whats the paint scheme gonna be like on the Navys new Stove pipes?

19. Re: What do the Navy team think about the demise of the Shar

A nice shade of Pink would look sweet!