What do Stokers wear under their blue overalls?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Always_a_Civvy, Feb 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [align=center]WARNING

LAWYERS, PADRES AND ALL RATINGS BELOW LEADING HAND AND OFFICERS BELOW COMMANDER ARE PROHIBITED FROM VIEWING THIS POST.
    PLEASE, FOR YOUR OWN SANITY... PRESS THE CLICK BACK BUTTON!

[/align]

I've had a pleasurable afternoon. A book I ordered earlier this week on Amazon arrived in a neatly wrapped parcel. I opens it and finds inside a book by one of our Baby Rum Rationers... Ken... The book is an anthology called Virgin Sailors [I immediately thought of Hig and the French bird... for some odd reason :wink: ]. I have been reading a story called Navy Days... O how I loved the opening pages about... Stokers...

Here's a morsel to whet your appetites (and it certainly whetted more than my appetite! :lol: )...

'... I liked Stokers, they were a bit of a turn on for me and had the reputation of being 'goers' if you got one. I reckoned it was their boiler-suits, usually unbuttoned to the navel, and the inevitable line of sweat trickling down a smooth, bare chest. And knowing that they were...'

I'm not going to give the story away. My question is: What do Stokers (and for the benefit of you straights: what do Stokerettes) wear under their boiler-suits?

(Well that makes a nice change from discussing what men wear under their kilts!)

2. Hmm, a few moons ago on a T22 that has been gone for eons now, we had a wren stoker on our watch who used to wear knackall under her ovvies.
    All very well you might say, but she used to wander around the SCC saying things like "ooh, me twats all itchy" and such. Makes me shiver to think of her.
    Me ? I wear my normal underwear (plus a white Tee-shirt), but quite a few don't wear anything.

3. Nothing I guess....then you can hang yer wheel spanner somewhere!!

:grin: :grin:

4. My advice is to just keep on imagining and dreaming AAC :)

5. Did you get to scratch it for her?

6. Oh God no!!
    Eeeuuuwwwww

7. Usually it's quite clear what's under a pair of pussers ovvies - given that a slot next to the pockets are cut out!

8. It wasn't HMS London around the end of 1993 was it?

A little bit after that, during the next BOST there was a male killick stoker at the aft FRPP who, during Thursday wars, ignored the requirement to wear 8s under his ovies and wore a rather nice set of womens underwear. He wanted to see the look on the fosties face when he had to open his overalls to prove he had the 8s on underneath

9. Nice one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. No you would need the equivalent of a Buffer found on submarines. His title "Scratcher" Just made for the job.

Nutty

11. :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. Not with the new ones matey ;)

Communicator, no mate it wasn't the Londres, but Brazenhussy might remember her ;)

13. Ah many a day spent trying to get in the best position to see in through the slots of the birds ovies!!!!

Flippin spoil sports changing to the new camp ones!. Didn't matter on my last ship though, there was a female stoker who continued to wear her ovies with a rip in the arse.

Seems that when discussing said female MEM in the mess, I was the only one who would follow her along the flats having a look - like a fly heading into the blue florescent fly trap I was

14. Oh whoops - well I guess I've been shoreside for about 18mths now and in that time they've buggered around with badges, branches and ovvies!

LOL :lol:

15. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

It wasn't the fighting Ice-Cream by any chance now would it?

Would said lady now be,err, batting for the other side?

16. Don't know about stokerettes but on 764 NAS I had a couple of Wren radio mechanics who wore just their undies. Used to take bets on what colour nicks they would be wearing (through the pocket cutouts of course).

17. No mate, I was on that beauty for 4 years later on, but said "bird" is playing permantly away, initials VG mean anything to you?

18. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

I left the fighting ice-cream when she went into refit in 2004. VG??? It doesn't jog the memory.

19. I've known several of my fellow stoker buddies over the years to wear the full rocky horror show gear under their ovies, much to the disgust of the Dartmouth posse :lol:

20. I left the Icecream in 04 as well and I can think of a few wren stokers who may fit the description but one in particular, is the said stoker quite short with short brown hair, proper northern bird.