What do people do with Leave?

Rozz

Midshipman
Can you work during your leave? Or is there stipulations during that time as it’s paid leave?
Thanks

Random

Lantern Swinger
Can you work during your leave?
Yes, officially you have to ask permission (so as to allow the RFA to say no if there is a conflict of interest). However few actually ask, which means the RFA can discipline you if they find out and don't like it.

Anyway back to the point, lots of people work in their leave.

Rozz

Midshipman
Thanks for the reply, that’s good news as I will be at home and kids will be at school so need something to do for 3 months.

Rozz

Midshipman
Was just thinking I’d join a temp agency so can work when I want. Think the DIY is better left to my husband Lol and we don’t have family near by to visit. Probably won’t end up working was more wondering could I if I wanted to just to fill some hours during the day.

fishhead

War Hero
Was just thinking I’d join a temp agency so can work when I want. Think the DIY is better left to my husband Lol and we don’t have family near by to visit. Probably won’t end up working was more wondering could I if I wanted to just to fill some hours during the day.
Standby for sexist opinion. That big pile of ironing isn't going to do itself ;)

Rozz

Midshipman
Already offered my eldest extra pocket money to make sure the little ones stuff is ironed as dad is not a believer of ironing stuff .... forward planning at its best lol

Rozz

Midshipman
It’s a great job if you have no ties, the possibilities are endless with 3 months leave. Would love to spend the 3 months travelling but apparently if I work 4 months and travel for 3 it’d be classified as “abandonment” kids ruin everything!

Taztiff

War Hero
How about that if you are just bored and don't need the money, do some voluntary charity work?

My shed needs a clear out and I don't trust the wife........ ;)

Seriously though, its an idea if you are that way inclined. Charity work - not the shed.

Rozz

Midshipman
I don’t do manual labour , I work in hospitality so best you’d get out of me is dinner lol charity work is a good idea. Was also considered seeing if the local sea cadets need volunteers, they usually struggle for females staff. We are moving to Portsmouth soon and I’m trying to get my daughter to join up when we do. I’ll have a look online and see what’s about.
Thanks

Rozz

Midshipman
I was a cadet and the if I hadn’t have been there are so many experiences I never would have had. I also went back as a volunteer in my 20s. Its where I realised I wanted to join the Navy, took me years to actually go for it but then decided the RFA would give a better work/life balance now that I have children. I’m hoping to get all my lots to atleast give it a go.

I don’t do manual labour , I work in hospitality so best you’d get out of me is dinner lol charity work is a good idea. Was also considered seeing if the local sea cadets need volunteers, they usually struggle for females staff. We are moving to Portsmouth soon and I’m trying to get my daughter to join up when we do. I’ll have a look online and see what’s about.
Thanks
Hi Rozz,
Try TS Alamein = Portsmouth Sea Cadets Building 158, Alamein Building, HMS EXCELLENT Whale Island, PO2 8ER Portsmouth.

2nd top UK Unit last year Great bunch and involve everyone in everything. CO herself is a former Cadet from elsewhere. I'm sure they'd be delighted to see you & your daughter.

Bob L