What did you wear to your Recruitment tests?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ryan1234, Mar 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Suit or smart casual?

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I was going to go naked, but the police warned me against it. A tracksuit is the normal gear that most wear.
  3. Smart casual will do you fine...however realise that smart does not equal fashionable...
  4. Well mine isn't likely to be until the summer so I'm going for shorts, Hawaiian shirt and flip flops. :glasses7:
    Hope that helps.
  5. You may only wear 'Hawiian' shorts if you have skinny and hairless legs, do you fit the bill?
  6. Shell suit, they're all the rage these days ;)

Suit, suit, suit, & suit !
  7. Bugger. You know a good waxer?
  8. Dont Do It !!!!!!!!!

I done it for charity, oh the horror, the pain is nothing, but the stupid b*tch that done it left quite a bit of wax on my legs, which resulted in lovely chunks of skin coming off of my leg, plus the fact that my hair never grew in the same again 8O
  9. Thank the spirits that you didn't have a 'back, crack and sack'.....
  10. Im afraid the latter of that doesnt even bare thinking about :oops:
  11. Assless chaps... clearly!

Take with you a cue ball, some gaffa tape and a rolling pin for the 'mechanical comprehension' element.
  12. Hmm could be just the thing. Nice smooth legs so I can get away with shorts and I'll be able to use it to travel forward in time to skip all this fcucking waiting around!
  13. Tremptress!
  14. i just wore casual clothes mate, jeans tshirt most of the lads ad the same as me on
  15. I went in smart and all the chavs that turned up in trackies failed...surprise, surprise :lol:
  16. Wear a suit if you have one, you might stand out but it will be for the right reasons. If not then wear an ironed pair of trousers and a shirt.

It is part of a job interview process, a very important job interview, so you should treat each element as such and dress/act accordingly.
  17. I wore a suit to mine, and so did most other people.
    A couple turned up in tracksuits with baseball caps etc, and it doesn't give a very good impression imo.
  18. I wore my school uniform when i went to manchester :D
  19. I went straight from the job I was doing and was going back straight afterwards, I phoned up before hand though and double checked I would be alright wearing my work clothes which were jeans and a polo shirt.