What did you do to waste a good week end

flymo

War Hero
I'm involved with an opensource childrens software project called "gcompris". I have spent the whole weekend (and still doign it) trying to upgrade it so that it can be put onto a boot CD. (i.e. PC\laptop boots off the CD and not the hosts hard disk). It wasn't difficult to do before so why has it turned into the job from hades now?

Patience in IT is a must but I'm just starting to run out - and I've still got all the ironing to do too ... {thought} .. errr, Wrecks ...?

Sumo

War Hero
I'm involved with an opensource childrens software project called "gcompris". I have spent the whole weekend (and still doign it) trying to upgrade it so that it can be put onto a boot CD. (i.e. PC\laptop boots off the CD and not the hosts hard disk). It wasn't difficult to do before so why has it turned into the job from hades now?

Patience in IT is a must but I'm just starting to run out - and I've still got all the ironing to do too ... {thought} .. errr, Wrecks ...?

It's always the so called simple things, that take for ever to achieve. If stuggling take a break and have a beer, it will not fix the IT but will make you feel better?

flymo

War Hero
I agree.

I'm off to a client site this afternoon - the change will clear my head as I'm starting to make silly mistakes and break things. I'm also busting for a swamp but am too scared to go in case that breaks off too ...

Sumo

War Hero
Epilogue. Two years later I was out in Tamworth and this really fit bird says hello to me. I say hello and am looking puzzled as to how she knows me.
I'm Sandra she says, Sandra ....... I thought you would recognise me even with my clothes on she says.
Lucky bastard one of the crowd mutters, wish I had. Wish I could remember says I.
She did not want a replay......funny that.

If only you had a crystal ball to show how the ugly duckling turn out

Rumrat

War Hero
But more importantly which Iron do you use :roll::roll:

It's very important that you raise this issue.
Again.
I believe we agreed that the best way to iron at Raleigh or elsewhere was to take that life legend along called "Mom or mum as you lot insist it is.
Freaks.
Edited to say OR WRECKER

Last edited:

MG Maniac

War Hero
A couple of friends invited us along to their "Silver Wedding" piss-up over the weekend ... Black tie event so I got the penquin suit out of the wardrobe where it has been festering since its last outing (RNA Traf night dinner if memory serves) while 'er indoors faffed about pulling long frocks out of her wardrobe ... which earned me a slap round the head as I came up with "ere ...I thought you said you had nothing to wear?" after the 4th long frock had appeared!

Do was in a local hotel and as Madame was designated driver I partook of a few sherberts (they had real ale on in the bar) and, after the scran had been served, not being one for shaking a wicked hoof ... left 'er indoors to dance around her handbag while I leaned on the bar people watching ... for "people watching" read "watching a filly trying to retain a very comely pair of 40" DD's in a laced up corset thingy ... she'd been spilling over the top of it at scran and I was lining myself up for prime position when the fun and games started i.e. the disco flashing up! Alas she managed to maintain her decorum but there were a few close moments when those of us at the bar held our breath in anticipation ... actually there were a couple of comely wenches defying gravity ... one of which almost achieved contra-rotation and it was only the grace of god which prevented them breaking free ... Damn!

As usual at these things someone normally throws their toys out of their pram and true to form I wasn't disappointed ... skulked off for a quick fag in the car park and walked into a right humdinger ... couple having a right go at each other ... very entertaining!

The good thing is a repeat performance next weekend as we have been invited to an engagement party ... and 'er indoors says she'll drive again! Result!

Sumo

War Hero
M-G No such luck our next planned event a wedding is not until December, my wife’s niece, where her daughter will be brides maid and son page boy, as it’s her first marriage I am sure there is a collective name for these children

MG Maniac

War Hero
M-G No such luck our next planned event a wedding is not until December, my wife’s niece, where her daughter will be brides maid and son page boy, as it’s her first marriage I am sure there is a collective name for these children

Discovered the trick at these events is to scan the amassed throng and try to spot the one that is going to throw toys skywards ... and if you're really adventurous the one likely to get her tits out!