what did this branch become

Sumo

War Hero
My first boat we actually drank more at sea, the JR's especially. After a movie (clickety click type) the can crusher worked overtime.

Aaaah the good ole cold war days :p
When you say crusher, you mean mechanical crushing device:cool:
Just checking it wasn't your first draft and your memory was slipping with age ;)

Last edited:

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
For some reason that reminded me of the XO on one boat I was on who banned brown sauce and tomato ketchup from the wardroom as it wasn't the type of thing an officer should be partaking of!
Was his name Queeg by any chance? The light blue similarly had a view that, although quite happy about eating crisps straight from the packet in the mess was quite acceptable, baked beans were not deemed to be an officer's vegetable.....:rolleyes:

Jack

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
When you say crusher, you mean mechanical crushing device:cool:
Just checking it wasn't your first draft and your memory was slipping with age ;)
I don't believe a submariner doesn't know what a can crusher is, there again you were a WE so wouldn't know about cleaning the mess, or loading beer coming to that.

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
That would be a whole new thread!

You'd be surprised (or by now, possibly not! ;)) what happens on patrol to alleviate boredom, or to wind someone up. Never, EVER confide your deepest secret or fear - even to your best mate! Most boats have everyone awake at 1300, due to watch change-overs etc. This then is the obvious time for 'the Command' to give a short brief of what's going on around us, world events etc. This is generally referred to as 'World at One' or similar. As with mainstream news reports, there is sometimes a 'and finally' moment. This is where your innermost secret that you communicated to your bestest mate under deepest confidentiality, gets exposed to the entire boat...... as in..... And finally, it seems the when Chief Bloggins was young, he once covered his willy in cream and had his cat lick it off.......

That's a true story by the way!! :D:D:D
This sounds a most interesting topic :D:D:D:D. Please do start a new thread ;);)

As to the cat story :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: noooooooooo, that is so disgusting. It's not really true, is it ?