What can I expect phase 2 AET

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Going into week 5 at raleigh now and just wondering what sultan is going to be like ? (Is it full of all the [email protected]@p and bulls&&t that you encounter in phase 1) like is there working hours and when you finish can you slap on civvies and go out camp and can you go home at the weekends?
Cheers thanks

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
I heard that Fridays are earlier finishing ? Does that mean I can head home for the weekend? Like is Raleigh the end of being kept in camp and not being able to go out side or go home at the weekend?

Last edited:

Sumo

War Hero
I heard that Fridays are earlier finishing ? Does that mean I can head home for the weekend? Like is Raleigh the end of being kept in camp and not being able to go out side or go home at the weekend?
Depends on duties, it will all be explained in due course, pass basic first, then worry about Gosport.

slim

War Hero
Depends if you drop yerself in "t" sh!t or not :)

Waspie

War Hero
I imagine it'll be more relaxed that Raleigh but it's still a training establishment!! I think there is a thread on here with a phase 2. AET's exploits at Sultan. (Or maybe not). Tried searching but lost the will to continue!!!!

Last edited:

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
Not always oppo, it all depends on instruction and whether you are required for duties etc. There will be some freedom, just remember you are there for your ‘professional’ training. It’s not Pompey Uni. I am not trying to wee on your parade, you will go out and you will pull honking boys/girls/both (delete as appropriate) and get blind drunk. I did. Just keep the big blowouts for weekenders. That’s what I tell my lot.

I will leave you with the though of if you are struggling with 10 weeks of restricted privileges. A nine monther/actual operations may seriously test you.

Edit: Just seen your an AET, maybe not the whole lots of time away thing.

As Sumo says: more mouth shut and eyes open and get Phase 1 cracked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Not always oppo, it all depends on instruction and whether you are required for duties etc. There will be some freedom, just remember you are there for your ‘professional’ training. It’s not Pompey Uni. I am not trying to wee on your parade, you will go out and you will pull honking boys/girls/both (delete as appropriate) and get blind drunk. I did. Just keep the big blowouts for weekenders. That’s what I tell my lot.

I will leave you with the though of if you are struggling with 10 weeks of restricted privileges. A nine monther/actual operations may seriously test you.

Edit: Just seen your an AET, maybe not the whole lots of time away thing.

As Sumo says: more mouth shut and eyes open and get Phase 1 cracked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s cool as long as Im not completely locked in pretty much 24/7 like here haha Im under no illusion that I'm there to learn and no Im not struggling with the ten weeks but obviously this is the first time I have been properly apart from the fam but Im not struggling with the lack of privileges but Having the “ freedom as such to go home at the weekend as such will be good “ I enjoy the military environment so Im enjoying service life , was just simply looking in to it, cheers for taking the time out to inform as you say Im keeping my head down and getting through the weeks p.s my warfare DI enjoy’s ripping it out of me suggesting ill only do 3 days on board and still moan about it haha!

Last edited:

Waspie

War Hero
That’s cool as long as Im not completely locked in pretty much 24/7 like here haha Im under no illusion that I'm there to learn and no Im not struggling with the ten weeks but obviously this is the first time I have been properly apart from the fam but Im not struggling with the lack of privileges but Having the “ freedom as such to go home at the weekend as such will be good “ I enjoy the military environment so Im enjoying service life , was just simply looking in to it, cheers for taking the time out to inform as you say Im keeping my head down and getting through the weeks p.s my warfare DI enjoy’s ripping it out of me suggesting ill only do 3 days on board and still moan about it haha!
It's training mate. It's always going to be BS. Then there's the real world, real RN. As Crash said, leave the beer and girlies to the week ends. Monday to Friday, dig out, get stuck into the course work. This is the start, the foundation for a career. The shagging and pissing up will come soon enough. Or Bible studies and coffee!!! Whatever!!
Just remember, like marching, one step at a time!
Also, after phase 2, whilst being a big boy. Your still the newbie, QM and QS to pass. Then advancement courses, blah blah blah. Every day is a learning day!
Good luck Max.

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
It's training mate. It's always going to be BS. Then there's the real world, real RN. As Crash said, leave the beer and girlies to the week ends. Monday to Friday, dig out, get stuck into the course work. This is the start, the foundation for a career. The shagging and pissing up will come soon enough. Or Bible studies and coffee!!! Whatever!!
Just remember, like marching, one step at a time!
Also, after phase 2, whilst being a big boy. Your still the newbie, QM and QS to pass. Then advancement courses, blah blah blah. Every day is a learning day!
Good luck Max.
I know the crack I wont be the one messing around when I should be digging in revising, just as long as the real navy is not like Raleigh, ten weeks is fine but 10 years ha all the instructors say the real navy is much better so I’ll just stick at it and graft

Last edited:

Waspie

War Hero
The last thing you can do is compare Raleigh to t he real mob. It's there to get your left leg in front of your right and train it's future little ambassadors a few simple RN rules. If ya think Raleigh was bad, should have been around a life time ago when Ganges was going. Toadays Raleigh is a walk in the park. Twelve month basic training!!!!! Eeee' tha's never lived lad!!!!!:D:D:D (Never fear - I heard the same when I did my basic from the old salts.) Evolution!!
No mate, Raleigh isn't the Navy. Once you get on a squadron you'll forget these first weeks. Onwards and upwards.