what campaign medals are currently being issued to Royal Navy serving members?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hooly, Jan 2, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I imagine the same ACSM, Iraq Medal & OSMs that are currently being issued to others arms of the services. Don't think there are any uniquely RN ongoing campaigns at present.
  3. Operation service medal for which theatre?
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Whichever operational theatre which still qualifies for an OSM. If the Afghanistan "training" role still qualifies, then Royal will be there in some capacity & I'd guess one or two matelots working in the intelligence role. During Herrick we had Engineering Technicians working with Commando Logs and lots of matelots scattered about, about 800 at one time.
  5. And the GSM 08 as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. There's at least one RN WO1 in afghan. He already has the OSM though from previous tours.

GSM 08 is now being issued with clasps for Somalia/East Africa.
  7. I must admit this is the first I've heard of a GSM 08 although I've been away from DII for 7 months so am not up to date on DINs. There's very little on the web, with nothing apparent on the .GOV.UK website and can't find anything on the Defence Gateway.
    Are these the only clasps or are there more?

More information or links would be gratefully received!
  8. Try looking on Defence Connect? All dins are posted on there when they're released now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. Already been there, yes there are DINs on both the Defence Gateway Reference Portal and Defence Connect but not all of them are published.

Anyone know the number?