Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What Cadet Unit Were You In?

What Cadet Unit Were You In?

• Total voters
I was a cadet in the Sea Cadet Corps at TS Quantock (Tameside Unit) from 2003 until 2007 when I finished as a Petty Officer Cadet.

Now I am an OC in the URNU, and a TI in the Sea Cadet Corps (still in Tameside).

St Cement Danes ,the law courts Srand london wc1 1938-43

our unit was just off the thames in the Strand, you most likely dont go back that far ,hms pesident was moored alongside on the Enbankment but we never got to on it we had a good unit with instructors ,i went in the navy in 1944 & had great ships & shipmates now there is a unit City of London based at the President & a SCC boat moored near battersea bridge i dont know what unit it is attached to. ( i am only giving you this info as i think there are other units in the borough's along the Thames.

What a trip down memory lane. Grimsby sea cadets, went away loads, all my first girlfriends were GNTC, they were great, like blue badge wrens negative big grat issue arse. Not sure if it helped with my time in mob , but loved it all.

My Army Cadet Force gave me a lesson in electronics and I was probably one of the youngest people in the country who found out how a thermostat worked without anyone telling me.

After washing my webbing, I placed it in the oven to dry, this is where I learned about thermostats. I turned the oven up full, thinking that the higher it was up, the faster it warmed up, didn't realise that it meant the hotter it got.

Opened the oven door about 30 mins later to see my webbing on fire. I can't remember if my dad had to pay for new or not.

NotmeChief said:
My Army Cadet Force gave me a lesson in electronics and I was probably one of the youngest people in the country who found out how a thermostat worked without anyone telling me.

After washing my webbing, I placed it in the oven to dry, this is where I learned about thermostats. I turned the oven up full, thinking that the higher it was up, the faster it warmed up, didn't realise that it meant the hotter it got.

Opened the oven door about 30 mins later to see my webbing on fire. I can't remember if my dad had to pay for new or not.

LMAO,,,,,when they get hot,,, they expand.

MightyBigEgo said:
an incredibly itchy blue woolly jumper

Not sure about SCC but ATC still have to wear them. Bloody annoying to be honest, not comfy at all.
I'm still in the ATC, at 2488 (Kingswinford) squadron West Mercian wing, one of the lads there earned is green beret. So if your reading, give me a PM we'd like to hear how your doing. :thumright:

MrH1992

MrH1992 said:
MightyBigEgo said:
an incredibly itchy blue woolly jumper

Not sure about SCC but ATC still have to wear them. Bloody annoying to be honest, not comfy at all.

The matelots in the SCC still have to wear them but marine cadets only have to wear them in lovats. :dwarf: would love to hear of anyone from TS Broadword (Aylesbury)

I now run the Marine Cadet Detatchment in Grangemouth, If any local members are in need of a hobby on a Monday & Thursday night, please get in touchas we are drastically needing staff members

Ts Jarvice 321 Stoke-on-Trent 1973-1978, best days of my boyhood, oh the courses away from home getting days off school to go on courses, Holyhead, Ramehead,RAF Lossimouth, couldnt get enough, loved it.

i was at TS Verulam in St Albans, then the HMS St Albans was launched, So we became....yep you guessed TS St Albans
i left about 4 years ago when i clashed with a LtCdr :threaten:

TS Mary Rose (Basingstoke Unit). Was there from about 2000 - 04/05 and ended up as an AB of Lysander devision.

Lt. Andy Johnson was our C.O while i was there. Great guy. Really enjoyed being at the unit as there was always some activity to go off on, or a new course to do. Went on HMS bristol at every chance I had almost.

Best thing we did was spending a week at HMS Raleigh doing the swimming tests, fire-fighting, and "mini" damage control where i remember a rather angry CPO instructor moaning after he kicked the bulkhead which I'd placed my hammer on/ in a joint at the time so i could have my hands free to secure one of the bolts my mate needed a hand with...

I don't think he was too pleased when it fell because of the kick, narrowly missing his foot :roll: :violent1:

I remember his revenge though on the assault course.. "Jump in on the right hand side.. its the warmest and shallowest part" :dwarf:

Fun times :w00t:

Latest Threads