Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What being is a Medical assistant general service really like?

Marshall

Midshipman
Hi , I am planning on joining as a Medical assistant, what is the training like? What is it like as a career and actually doing the job? Any info would be useful.

MG Maniac

War Hero
Typing Medical Assistant in the search box (top right hand corner) produced about 255 results in 0.08 seconds!
Have a read through these my young paduan and knowledge will be your it will!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It's pretty similar to this, as described in the video: Medical Assistant General Service| Royal Navy

And the factsheet: http://c69011.r11.cf3.rackcdn.com/8c058baddf52495ea883ccb45005d314-0x0.pdf

When you say "really", one assumes you infer that the information is deliberately misleading.

The bit it doesn't tell you is that Medical Assistants serving afloat often serve in isolation, once experienced & they become a bit odd. Often they wear socks with sandals, grow ridiculous beards and become obsessed with cleaning the sickbay floor. If a patient has the audacity to bleed all over it, they get very miffed.

That's about it really.

MG Maniac

War Hero
It's pretty similar to this, as described in the video: Medical Assistant General Service| Royal Navy

And the factsheet: http://c69011.r11.cf3.rackcdn.com/8c058baddf52495ea883ccb45005d314-0x0.pdf

When you say "really", one assumes you infer that the information is deliberately misleading.

The bit it doesn't tell you is that Medical Assistants serving afloat often serve in isolation, once experienced & they become a bit odd. Often they wear socks with sandals, grow ridiculous beards and become obsessed with cleaning the sickbay floor. If a patient has the audacity to bleed all over it, they get very miffed.

That's about it really.

Oi! I resemble that remark! I'll have you know it took several gallons of ME7 to get the sickbay deck to gleam like that and I don't want your smelly oilstained stokie boys bats tramping all over it!

navy_yorks

Midshipman
Ninja, can you clarify what you term as a ridiculous beard?

I am applying for MA and thought I could get the beard started early!

MG Maniac

War Hero
Ninja, can you clarify what you term as a ridiculous beard?

I am applying for MA and thought I could get the beard started early!

Ninja! Becareful when yopu answer this ... be afraid ... be very afraid!

MG Maniac

War Hero
You can only be ill between 8am - 9am & 1330. Attempting to see the scablifter outside these times will be met with a **** off I'm busy.^_~

Appointments can also be made at various times around the ship depending on who has the kettle on in Tea boats (various)
All "House Calls" are deemed "private" - sliding scale of tinnies apply.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Medical appointment after being passed medically fit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Medical board chances of being discharged after just having an op Blogs 1
MoldMan Being a medical assisstant (Gen ser) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
F can i rejoin after being medical discharged Health & Fitness 6
J Likelyhood of being able to switch roles Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS Judge-led review to provide greater certainty for troops being investigated MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: RN Officer Makes History After Being Named Top Naval Student On Germany's Most Prestigious Course The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS Being a Reservist is the best of both worlds MoD News 0
Sumo IRA still being track by secret squirrels Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS The fighting chance: breaking down barriers to veteran’s well-being MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Marine and coastal areas linked with better health and well-being MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Surveys being carried out for Tadcaster flood scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RNIB failures led to some children in the charity’s care being harmed, says watchdog MoD News 0
R Being the only girl Joining the Royal Navy 14
MoD_RSS VMD Export Certificates being issued electronically MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Minister visits vital work being conducted by troops in Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sledge and flag from Shackleton’s Nimrod expedition at risk of being lost abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inquiry leads to improved governance at community centre which trustees “did not recognise as being a charity” MoD News 0
B Not being a confident swimmer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
R Joining the RFA whilst being Reserve RFA 6
MoD_RSS Couple and their dog safe after being washed off breakwater at Mullion Cove, Cornwall MoD News 0
Skylarker Being a Chef. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Sumo Justice being sort or vendetta against the British Army, with Politicians letting it happen? Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS Spellbinding Monet work worth £28 million at risk of being lost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Listeria cases being investigated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Businesses are being urged to register for Making Tax Digital before August MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Listeria cases being investigated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government response: Statement on positive steps being taken in Brunei MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER WAFUs being naughty. Diamond Lil's 11
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid helps stop 750 pieces of illegal ivory being smuggled from South Sudan into Uganda MoD News 0
B Advice on being a submariner (aiming for bombers) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
MoD_RSS Press release: Pupils find out there’s more to being an engineer than first thought MoD News 0
U Being fired in a previous job Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
J Finger Tattoo's. Currently being removed. Will i get turned down? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Y Being available during application Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
FunkyJunky Mental Health and being in the RN Health & Fitness 1
Lumberjack Being a reg and getting a degree Joining the Royal Navy 7
R being apart.... Nearest & Dearest 2
SONAR-BENDER Pensions. Are we being shafted? Finance & Pensions 36
L Likelihood of being selected for BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
P 53yo female-= what's the realistic chances of being able to join RFA 7
L Information on being a Warfare Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
Hooly what campaign medals are currently being issued to Royal Navy serving members? Miscellaneous 8
esunnyside31 Dear Deirdre - "Not sure if I'm being played" Nearest & Dearest 28
Hooly I am over the moon being one of the first 3 to pass the AIB Direct Entrant Petty Officer Technician Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
gerrysurfs Wearing of dolphins and being PMU submarines Submariners 16
D AET - Average time before being deployed on a ship The Fleet Air Arm 3
mitch in the north I FEEL I MUST CONFESS TO BEING A REGULAR AT DIAMOND LILS BACK IN ABOUT 1985!! Diamond Lil's 15