What being is a Medical assistant general service really like?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Marshall, Feb 24, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi , I am planning on joining as a Medical assistant, what is the training like? What is it like as a career and actually doing the job? Any info would be useful.
  2. Typing Medical Assistant in the search box (top right hand corner) produced about 255 results in 0.08 seconds!
    Have a read through these my young paduan and knowledge will be your it will!
    [TABLE="class: gsc-above-wrapper-area-container"]
    [TD="class: gsc-result-info-container"]
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's pretty similar to this, as described in the video: Medical Assistant General Service| Royal Navy

And the factsheet: http://c69011.r11.cf3.rackcdn.com/8c058baddf52495ea883ccb45005d314-0x0.pdf

When you say "really", one assumes you infer that the information is deliberately misleading.

The bit it doesn't tell you is that Medical Assistants serving afloat often serve in isolation, once experienced & they become a bit odd. Often they wear socks with sandals, grow ridiculous beards and become obsessed with cleaning the sickbay floor. If a patient has the audacity to bleed all over it, they get very miffed.

That's about it really.
    • Like Like x 1

4. Oi! I resemble that remark! I'll have you know it took several gallons of ME7 to get the sickbay deck to gleam like that and I don't want your smelly oilstained stokie boys bats tramping all over it!
    • Like Like x 5
  5. When I read the thread title I thought it was a rhetorical question!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Yoda, it is.

A strange being, he be.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Ninja, can you clarify what you term as a ridiculous beard?

I am applying for MA and thought I could get the beard started early!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ninja! Becareful when yopu answer this ... be afraid ... be very afraid!

9. Ninja_Stoker

Like I say, Odd.

Medical Assistant.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Not my kind of thing so as long as its not mandatory!
  11. Ninja_Stoker

It is for women.
  12. You can only be ill between 8am - 9am & 1330. Attempting to see the scablifter outside these times will be met with a **** off I'm busy.^_~
  13. Appointments can also be made at various times around the ship depending on who has the kettle on in Tea boats (various)
    All "House Calls" are deemed "private" - sliding scale of tinnies apply.
    • Like Like x 1