What beer do you like?

Sumo

War Hero
At this moment in time, having been doing tip run, any nice beers will do, just put some Guinness in the fridge.

Sumo

War Hero
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. :)
One of the lads was being PVd, interviewer have you had any homsexual encounters, expecting to hear no, his gob dropped when he said yes, he said he had tried it and did like it, he gave details, he then said, you don't have to worry about me I know I don't like it with men, it's all those that haven't tried it yet you need to worry about?

slim

War Hero
Even in the old days I wondered why the RN thought that Brown Hatters were more susceptible to being blackmailed than straight geezers.
If they had made it so Homosexuals could be put on a register and still serve then the chances of them being blackmailed would have been nil. Far less so than the married man who was shagging in every port he visited

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Even in the old days I wondered why the RN thought that Brown Hatters were more susceptible to being blackmailed than straight geezers.
If they had made it so Homosexuals could be put on a register and still serve then the chances of them being blackmailed would have been nil. Far less so than the married man who was shagging in every port he visited
Let's be honest here, it was nothing to do with blackmail.
Oh, and a register? Really? I can tell you're very anti homophobic.

slim

War Hero
Let's be honest here, it was nothing to do with blackmail.
Oh, and a register? Really? I can tell you're very anti homophobic.
This was the reason given by the RN
A register may have negated that reason.
Homosexuals have served in the RN for more years than any of us have been alive.
In many cases their shipmates knew who they were but if they didn't try it on they were left to their own devices.
Unfortunatelly due to the laws of the day they joined at their own peril.