What beer do you like?

Stirlin

War Hero
My first crimbo present....... from Paul at The Rook.....to be drunk with my crimbo dinner.
-
rsz_1p1000634 (1).jpg
-
rsz_p1000635.jpg

bit busy today so had time to look at the TV screen to see what is available today , normally choose a new cask and go on from there. TV screen gives the beer origin , wot it is , ABV and the price . Chose a new keg !!!....and had 3 other kegs not tried before and all superb. Couple of blokes came in one my age and one in his 20's waffle waffle about cask, not prepared to try anything new..........my attitude 3 yrs ago but have been educated by Paul , he went with the trend of giving customers more choice ......in keg to go along with his 8 cask. Now has 20 keg on 'the wall'.
Today was the first time I drank only keg , being crimbo there were 3 stouts and 1 porter on the cask range and as I started on keg I stayed with it , glad I did as it was a very good day. Each to their own but some pubs refuse to change and suffer or go to the wall , since the instal of the keg wall Paul has seen a lot more custom from peeps fed up of being ripped off in town where they have embraced change but are charging eye watering prices ,Rook is just outside the city walls and to have 28 beers on offer is a good draw.

So glad I am alive in this era :)

Last edited:

Wightsparker

War Hero
My first crimbo present....... from Paul at The Rook.....to be drunk with my crimbo dinner.
-
View attachment 36389
-
View attachment 36390

bit busy today so had time to look at the TV screen to see what is available today , normally choose a new cask and go on from there. TV screen gives the beer origin , wot it is , ABV and the price . Chose a new keg !!!....and had 3 other kegs not tried before and all superb. Couple of blokes came in one my age and one in his 20's waffle waffle about cask, not prepared to try anything new..........my attitude 3 yrs ago but have been educated by Paul , he went with the trend of giving customers more choice ......in keg to go along with his 8 cask. Now has 20 keg on 'the wall'.
Today was the first time I drank only keg , being crimbo there were 3 stouts and 1 porter on the cask range and as I started on keg I stayed with it , glad I did as it was a very good day. Each to their own but some pubs refuse to change and suffer or go to the wall , since the instal of the keg wall Paul has seen a lot more custom from peeps fed up of being ripped off in town where they have embraced change but are charging eye watering prices ,Rook is just outside the city walls and to have 28 beers on offer is a good draw.

So glad I am alive in this era :)

Have a good crimbo, Stirlin.

taffscrivs

War Hero
Had a small sample (5 pints) of Robinsons cider in an oppo's local today whilst watching the rugby on telly.
A rather nice cider, went down really well. I purchased a 4 pint carry out to take home, drinking some right now.
And as you ask, no I do not drink and drive, me and the wife split the driving 50/50.
I do the out run, she drives home!

Stirlin

War Hero
True , that many breweries popping up all over the country and Jonjo, landlords son is pretty good at sourcing and negotiating good prices. Lost count of the new brews I tasted last year , tsk...its a hard life.;)
Had a rough guestimat , it is about 250.:)

Latest Threads